Senior Corporate Counsel (Hybrid, Onsite or Remote Option)
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school and member of a state bar (California preferred).
- A minimum of 6years of legal experience (large law firm and/or in–house experience) with exposure to contracts, licensing. Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts, with an emphasis on understanding life sciences transactions and associated intellectual property issues.
- Experience working as in–house or external counsel in the Medical Device, or Biotechnology industry; bachelor/graduate degree in the biological sciences; and/or excellent academic credentials in intellectual property, and contracts law. Familiarity with HIPAA and HITECH laws, healthcare fraud and abuse laws desired, but not necessary.
- Personal integrity and ethics in business conduct.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking, with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate creative solutions and anticipate the impact of decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to form quality working relationships with other employees and partners.
- Well–organized, responsive and hardworking, with the capacity to handle a variety of complex matters and ability to manage projects under deadline pressure.
- Willing to accept full ownership of work product and deliver the highest quality results.
- Flexibility working on a variety of legal matters to understand and advise across company functions, effectively present ideas and contribute to decision making.
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360 , Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext , Guardant360 Response , and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal for early–stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
TheCorporate ContractsCounselreports to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, and will be instrumental in advancing the company's strategic initiatives in cancer detection. The Corporate Counsel will provide legal support in areas such as drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, managing the workflow of the contracting process, supporting business development and licensing, and assisting with compliance matters. The ideal candidate will be looking to build on existing strengths, in one or more of these areas, to quickly develop a broad range of legal and business expertise to support a growing cancer diagnostics company.
Collaborate with members of the legal and clinical operations teams to manage and negotiate clinical trial agreements and vendor contracts for the Company's clinical evidence collection programs. Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including: clinical trial agreements; master service agreements; supply agreements; consulting and confidentiality agreements; research collaborations; and other strategic agreements. Manage contracts workflow and prioritization in line with the company's objectives. Serve as internal point of contact for document management activities. Work closely with research and supply chain groups to advance the key business partnerships. Negotiate research agreements with academic investigators and institutions. Assist on compliance matters as needed – including privacy laws, healthcare fraud and abuse laws. Provide a wide range of general corporate legal services to in–house clients. Work collaboratively with internal clients by providing clear, practical and timely legal advice. Advise on the interpretation of legal documents in a manner that provides accurate guidance and practical advice while properly managing risk to the organization. Keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization. Assist with development of policies and employee training as needed. Interact with external counsel, external vendors and business partners. Work across all company departments to meet business objectives.
Thrive in a fast–paced environment while remaining proactive, resourceful, flexible and efficient, and maintaining high quality and ethical standards. Excellent analytical and contract interpretation skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, and the ability to analyze complex issues to develop practical solutions and best outcomes.
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in–person/onsite collaboration and work–from–home days for individual–focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.We have found aligning our scheduled in–office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work–life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the base salary range for this full–time position is $173,600 to $235,000. The range does not include benefits, and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job–related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment.Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment.Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long–term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants .