Legal Counsel – Manchester
Commercial Law, Employment Law, Civil Litigation, General Counsel.
Office based role: Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to GBP80k Negotiable (dep on experience) + Company Benefits
My client is a leading provider of Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety advice and consultancy services to small to medium size businesses across the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
An outstanding opportunity has created for an experienced Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive to join the business in the role as Legal Counsel.
This exciting key role involves working in the Group In–House Legal Team at the Manchester Head Office, covering any contentious and non–contentious commercial, intellectual property, immigration and employment law matters that arise within the Group's companies, as well as supporting the Group's Compliance Team in relation to FCA, SRA and Data Protection affairs.
We are looking for a bright and confident Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive, with strong commercial and employment law experience and a broad general legal knowledge, to work in a dynamic team, and cover a wide range of matters including negotiating Commercial Contracts, the preparation and conduct of Civil Litigation and appearance at Employment Tribunals.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast–paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on great service and care for my client's internal customers, along with a firm commercial approach towards the Group's legal and risk management strategy.
We are looking for someone with exceptional communication skills to provide commercial and pragmatic advice to a range of stakeholders across the Group.
- Qualified lawyer with strong and relevant pre or post qualified experience in commercial and employment law
- Fee earning experience either within a leading Law Firm or In House
- A broad range of knowledge and skills across a wide legal spectrum
- First rate drafting skills
- An able and confident negotiator
- Excellent workload and deadline management skills
- Strong communicator
- A commercially focused mind–set with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Willingness to continually learn new competencies and areas of law
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude towards team–working
- Previous intellectual property, immigration and data protection experience
- A background in risk and compliance
This is a highly exciting role within the UK's leading provider of HR and Employment Law services. Its culture is incredibly driven and supportive, and my client takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on rewarding success.
As well as working with a great team of colleagues, the successful applicant will receive a highly competitive salary based upon your level of experience, training and career development with the view to lead into General Counsel.
For more information / a detailed Job Description please contact Rob Owen at VALIA Recruitment Solutions Limited.
Suitable applicants will be contacted normally within 2 hours, including evenings and over the weekend.