Legal Counsel Legal London Hybrid Remote
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We're building one of the world's leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK's newest unicorns with a team of just over 250 people
- Among the top 10 fastest–growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.8/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we've rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers' hands in minutes instead of days.
We're growing fast, and there's a lot more to do: we're going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1
- Work in small teams of exceptional people, who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in–house, using new data sources, machine learning and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
You will be joining an ambitious but small team with a very broad remit. You'll work closely with all business functions and be skilled at communicating legal issues to non–lawyers and balancing business and legal perspectives.
Given the rapid growth of the organisation, this role will be focused on commercial contracts, corporate work, intellectual property & employment law.On a day–to–day basis, you can expect to
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including partnership, customer, third–party supplier and other strategically related contracts and/or commercial agreements
- Work across a variety of other standard agreements (such as NDAs, supplier and customer agreements)
- Take ownership of drafting and reviewing employment agreements
- Assist with intellectual property matters
- Support the business by updating policies, processes and templates
- Responding to complex queries from the business, suppliers and customers
- Assist with litigious matters
- Assist with company secretarial and governance duties
- Assist with the preparation of investor documentation for potential new funding rounds
- Help to manage the use and cost of external legal counsel
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Team to provide timely and first–class legal support
- You're a self–starter who is comfortable stepping out of your comfort zone to drive business growth
- You have strong organisational skills and are able to autonomously lead multiple deliverables in a fast–paced environment
- You are excited by new challenges and like understanding laws in new markets and around new financial products
- You are qualified in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction with the requisite UK experience.
- You have approximately 3–5 yearspost–qualification experience
- You ideally have experience in–house in a corporate environmentor alternatively, you will be looking to make a move from private practice to an in–house position
- Financial services experience is desirable, but not a pre–requisite
- You enjoy working in a fast–paced and growing business and taking ownership
- You have a mindset that is adaptable and flexible to change
- Have excellent communication and relationship–building skills
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world's most successful fintech companies.
- Best–in–class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish – on the other days, we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in–house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday–Thursday.
- We care for our Lendies' well–being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal–opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London.
Lendable isan AI–based consumer lending platformthat makes borrowing money effortless. Using technology, we have trimmed the fat from the traditional loan application process. This allows us to make an instant decision, offer personalised rates, and transfer funds within minutes.
Founded in 2014
Coworkers 240Legal Counsel
Loading application formAlready working at Lendable?
Let's recruit together and find your next colleague.