Legal Counsel (Remote, UK)
About Banyan Software:
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the fastest–growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest–growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
Job Profile: Legal Counsel (Remote, UK)
Banyan Software is seeking to add an exceptional Legal Counsel to join its legal team. The successful candidate will work alongside the General Counsel, and where appropriate, outside
counsel, to provide legal support and advice on a wide variety of M&A matters across the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all stages of the acquisition process, including reviewing and negotiating non–disclosure agreements, performing due diligence, drafting, and negotiating letters of intent and definitive transaction documents and supporting closing transactions and post–closing integration.
- Support portfolio companies in contract review and negotiation, drafting and editing for various business agreements including contracts related to customers, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, product formulators and distributors, sales partners, product collaborations, and other contracts related to intellectual property, real estate, operations, supply chain and product development.
- Support portfolio companies with regulatory compliance (e.g., GDPR, etc.) and HR matters (e.g., employment agreements, consulting agreements, commission agreements, sales rep agreements, etc.).
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- A degree in Law or equivalent qualification.
- A member in good standing with the Bar of England and Wales.
- 5 years of M&A experience. In–house commercial experience (and specifically experience in the Software/Technology industry) experience is an asset.
- High–energy self–starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast–paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent drafting and communications skills.
- Proficiency in the German language (oral and written) is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple high–priority projects a nd meeting deadlines in a fast–paced environment.
- Strong decision–making abilities, attention to detail, and ability to give executive–level guidance in a timely manner.
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veterans' status.