At Bionic, we're making life radically easier for small business owners. We're building a one–stop shop for business essentials that's powered by smart technology and world class human service giving them an experience so good that they trust Bionic to sort all their business needs for them.
To support our continued growth and exciting plans, we're looking for a Legal Counsel to join our integrated and coordinated Legal & Compliance function, to provide one–stop solutions in a fast–moving, high–growth, high–profile Group.
You'll report into our General Counsel as part of a small but succinct team that manage and deliver all legal matters affecting our company and its business activities, including assisting the business in ensuring adherence to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures.
As Legal Counsel your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing accurate, relevant and timely advice to colleagues on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business and our products and services including areas such as data protection, product liability, marketing, advertising and promotions, e–commerce, intellectual property, and ad hoc consumer and business queries that affect the business.
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts for goods and services, distribution, agency, consultancy, supply standard terms and conditions, procurement and IT agreements and IP agreements.
- Horizon scanning for new legal and regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting the business
- Support with launch of new products to ensure legal requirements are met
- Communicating with third–party bodies such as external counsel
- Staying up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect business and the energy sector
The interview process
- Initial conversation with our Talent Acquisition Team
- 1st stage interview with the Hiring Manager
- 2nd stage interview task–based interview with some of the key stakeholders to the role
You'll have a can–do attitude combined with a good work ethic, and a passion for working as part of a multi–functional team.
You must also be:
- A solicitor / barrister qualified to practice in England & Wales with some PQE
- Equipped with some prior in–house experience, within a regulated environment
- Comfortable working with several key stakeholders in a fast–moving environment (with appropriate support from internal colleagues and external lawyers) and enjoy the variety that this brings
- Experienced in, with a sound understanding of commercial and corporate law
- An exceptional communicator with strong presentation skills. Able to provide clear and consistent communication with impeccable reporting skills
- Sound at negotiating and drafting legal documents
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Excellent at organisation and prioritising, with strong problem–solving skills
- This role can evolve with the growth of the business so it will suit an individual who can appreciate the growth possibilities.
- Working knowledge of any of the following sectors is desirable: energy, B2B, financial services, insurance/loans and/or telecoms.
- Knowledge of data protection and other applicable regulations would be valuable.
About Bionic Group
Bionic has over 700 people working across three office locations and four businesses; Bionic – London, Bionic Outbound – Luton, Think Business Loans – Chelmsford, and Smart – Field based agents.
We have a high energy work environment wherever the location; you can feel the passion the moment you walk through our door! Our work environments are packed with amazing people and energy, hubs of collaboration, creativity and fun! We're one team, we get stuck in, we roll our sleeves up and we care about helping each other out wherever we can. We set the highest standards and show up every day to be the best version of ourselves.
Working at Bionic means provides you many opportunities to advance your career, with incredible progression, recognition, and reward.
We know that our employees are what sets us aside from our competitors, our benefits are just part of the way we say thanks.
Enhance your health & wellbeing