Commercial & Technology Lawyer
Our client is a highly regarded City of London firm looking for a lawyer to join the commercial team and work with a client base which has a particular focus on Fashion and Technology.
Their high profile and experienced commercial team has been recognised by the Legal 500 for its long history in the industry, well–known client base and deep knowledge of the current trading environment.
The London team is looking for a commercial & technology lawyer with both advisory and transactional experience. In this role, you will be advising big name clients, including household names and multi–nationals, across a range of practice areas including competition law, consumer law, privacy law and intellectual property law. The work will be varied and largely based around drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, often with a cross border element, with a particular focus on the Fashion and Technology sectors, and is likely to include:
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements (B2B and B2C);
- Agency and Distributorship agreements;
- Drafting and advising in relation to terms and conditions for online platforms, static or transactional websites, and social media sites/mobile apps;
- Non–contentious intellectual property including licensing, franchising, ownership and protection of IP in the context of commercial agreements.
To be considered, you must:
- Be an England and Wales qualified solicitor, most likely with 4–8 years' PQE in a commercial team, ideally gained within a leading City, West End, or strong regional firm:
- Demonstrate a strong academic track record with excellent foundational legal skills, in particular for drafting, writing and negotiation: and
- Enjoy the commercial side of the law and have a desire to be involved in business development
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior commercial and technology lawyer to learn and develop at a popular City firm, working closely with a leading partner in the firm. The opportunity to engage with partners is one of the key features of this firm, which places emphasis on fostering a friendly environment for lawyers at all levels with achievable billable hours targets.