Senior Manager, Corporate Counsel
Advancing the World's Technology Together Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you'll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what's possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We're dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we're building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You'll Do
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc., the North American Headquarters for Samsung Electronics' global semiconductor business, is in search of an experienced and well–rounded attorney to support its Semiconductor Foundry Services business unit.
This position requires intellectual flexibility, the confidence and judgment to provide practical advice independently, and the interpersonal skills to work with all levels of the organization. While the primary internal client will be the Semiconductor Foundry Services business unit, the successful candidate will also work in such legal subject matters as commercial contracting and risk assessment, technology transactions, IP protection, litigation, corporate governance, compliance and employment. SSI's legal department values teamwork, independent thinking, judgment and a client–centric approach that requires hands–on engagement with the business teams we support.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Jose, CA headquarters 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time the remainder of your time.
- Participate in negotiations on legal issues in a variety of documents and agreements and offer support in resolving open business and legal issues.
- Serve as a readily available resource to internal business staff on legal matters.
- Provide legal analysis of risks and potential liabilities in all business contracts.
- Work closely with internal support groups, such as Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Facilities, IT, and Human Resources, on a variety of legal matters.
- Supervise and coordinate responses to litigation and compliance matters.
What You Bring
- 6–15 years post–law school legal experience, with a minimum of 2 years advising clients on foundry–related legal matters preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex legal and business/contractual documents and agreements.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and combining this with legal analysis and business acumen.
- Experience with a broad range of legal subject matters areas commensurate with the breadth of the role; commercial and technology transactional legal experience; knowledge of semiconductor and high–tech subject areas; good business judgment demonstrated through at least 6 years of legal counseling to business clients.
- General knowledge of commercial law, employment law and intellectual property law.
- Ability to navigate highly matrixed, international organization with overlap of roles and responsibilities (e.g. legal and business teams at headquarters in Korea).
- Combination of law firm and in–house experience preferred.
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
What We Offer The pay range below is for all roles at this level across all US locations and functions. Individual pay rates depend on a number of factors–including the role's function and location, as well as the individual's knowledge, skills, experience, education, and training. We also offer incentive opportunities that reward employees based on individual and company performance. This is in addition to our diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive rewards plan empowers our people to care for their whole selves. An investment in your future is an investment in ours.
Base Pay Range
$132,000 – $270,000 USD
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community. Enjoy Time Away You'll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge. Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way–including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service. Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on–demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you'll have support no matter where you are. Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier. Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That's why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
Covid–19 Policy To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we've developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We're committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.