Corporate Counsel, Prime Video
Job ID: Services LLC
Do you love entertainment, media, sports, and technology? Are you looking for an exciting and creative challenge in an innovation–driven, talent–focused company? Come make history as a member of the Amazon Entertainment legal team in Amazon's world–class legal department.
Prime Video is part of Amazon Entertainment and is focused on delighting customers by becoming the world's most loved streaming service. Amazon Entertainment delivers award–winning movies, TV shows, music, games, audiobooks, and podcasts to customers around the world. When you join the Amazon Entertainment team, you are uniquely situated to create a future of entertainment where creative content, innovation, and commerce come together. We are building a home for talent that will nurture creativity, storytelling, and innovation unlike anywhere else.
Key job responsibilities
– Structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex distribution, development, licensing, production, marketing, and other commercial agreements
– Providing ongoing legal counsel across a range of fields, including intellectual property, digital media, and regulatory compliance
– Some travel may be required
A day in the life
You will serve as primary legal support for the global distribution of Prime Video. You will also support other Prime Video businesses, including Prime Video Channels and Sports. Prime Video delights our customers around the world by delivering must–see movies, series, and premium sports within an utterly seamless streaming experience. You will be a legal and thought partner for the business on day–to–day matters as well as long–term strategic issues.
You will own drafting, negotiating, and closing commercial agreements with production companies and studios, as well as device manufacturers and other important business partners. Our lawyers get to solve a constant flow of novel challenges in a growing and exciting business. Working directly with business colleagues, you will serve as lead counsel in strategic content deals and help manage existing commercial relationships. You will also research, advise, and develop expertise on new product initiatives and regulatory matters that impact your business.
About the team
We pride ourselves in facilitating progress and delivering results. We see the big picture, and we obsess over customers. We run to the problem, never away from it. We like to build things and solve problems. We enjoy the camaraderie of working together as a legal team, and with our brilliant and creative business partners. We operate with the highest level of integrity and value character as much as intelligence.
Prime Video is part of the Amazon Entertainment Legal group, which also includes Amazon Studios, Amazon Music, Audible, Games, and Twitch.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA Los Angeles, CA, USA New York, NY, USA Seattle, WA, USA Washington Dc, DC, USA
– J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
– 5+ years experience practicing law as a transactional attorney
– Legal experience working in IP, technology, or entertainment transactions
– Deep experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and closing a broad range of commercial contracts
– Sound judgment in ambiguous situations
– Prowess in delivering results independently, as well as collaboratively
– Passion to embrace challenges and aggressively drive meaningful solutions, including amid complexity and uncertainty
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and commitment to follow through and meet deadlines
– Sharp analytical and communication skills
– Expertise in media and entertainment, coupled with an ability to remain nimble, learn, be curious, and adapt to a changing world
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $123,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $229,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job–related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign–on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Posted: September 21, 2023 (Updated about 12 hours ago)
Posted: September 7, 2023 (Updated about 15 hours ago)
Posted: August 23, 2023 (Updated about 15 hours ago)
Posted: July 27, 2023 (Updated about 20 hours ago)
Posted: September 11, 2023 (Updated about 21 hours ago)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.