R- Patent Attorney or Agent

NXP Semiconductors
Sep 24, 2023
Oct 11, 2023
Contract Type

Patent Attorney or Agent

NXP's Patent Creation team is part of NXP's IP Group and is responsible for generating and managing the company's portfolio of some 17,000 patent assets. NXP's IP Group is part of NXP's Legal Department.

Job Summary:

NXP Semiconductors is seeking a registered patent attorney with preferably 4–7 years' experience or a registered patent agent with a minimum of 5 years' experience in patent preparation and prosecution, to join our global Patent Creation team in Austin, Texas.

This position will be approximately 70% patent preparation and prosecution before the USPTO. The other 30% includes patent portfolio management, invention disclosure review, outside counsel management, inventor counseling, and other invention disclosure generation activities.

Key Challenges:

Must be able to effectively manage a patent prosecution docket.

Must be able to work with engineers to identify and protect patentable aspects of NXP technology and to communicate those aspects to others including preparing patent applications for filing in a patent office.

Must be able to formulate and communicate legal advice on intellectual property matters to NXP engineers and management.

Cross functional aspects:

Must be able to effectively communicate with engineers, co–workers, and managers on legal and technical matters and must be able to effectively communicate with engineers, co–workers, and managers located in other countries where English is a second language.

Job Qualifications:

A USPTO registration number is required.

BSEE or MSEE required. A degree in physics or aerospace engineering will be considered if at least 30 hours of EE classes were also taken as part of the degree requirements.

Experience with integrated circuit technology is strongly preferred including experience with RF, digital circuitry, analog circuitry, wireless, radar, data communications, security and encryption, software, machine learning, AI, memories, ADAS, semiconductor processing, packaging, data processors, electronic systems, and networks.