Senior Manager, Corporate Counsel
What You'll Do
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc., the North American Headquarters for Samsung Electronics' global semiconductor business, is in search of an experienced and well–rounded attorney to support its Semiconductor Foundry Services business unit.
This position requires intellectual flexibility, the confidence and judgment to provide practical advice independently, and the interpersonal skills to work with all levels of the organization. While the primary internal client will be the Semiconductor Foundry Services business unit, the successful candidate will also work in such legal subject matters as commercial contracting and risk assessment, technology transactions, IP protection, litigation, corporate governance, compliance and employment. SSI's legal department values teamwork, independent thinking, judgment and a client–centric approach that requires hands–on engagement with the business teams we support.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Jose, CA headquarters 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time the remainder of your time.
- Participate in negotiations on legal issues in a variety of documents and agreements and offer support in resolving open business and legal issues.
- Serve as a readily available resource to internal business staff on legal matters.
- Provide legal analysis of risks and potential liabilities in all business contracts.
- Work closely with internal support groups, such as Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Facilities, IT, and Human Resources, on a variety of legal matters.
- Supervise and coordinate responses to litigation and compliance matters.
What You Bring
- 6–15 years post–law school legal experience, with a minimum of 2 years advising clients on foundry–related legal matters preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex legal and business/contractual documents and agreements.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and combining this with legal analysis and business acumen.
- Experience with a broad range of legal subject matters areas commensurate with the breadth of the role; commercial and technology transactional legal experience; knowledge of semiconductor and high–tech subject areas; good business judgment demonstrated through at least 6 years of legal counseling to business clients.
- General knowledge of commercial law, employment law and intellectual property law.
- Ability to navigate highly matrixed, international organization with overlap of roles and responsibilities (e.g. legal and business teams at headquarters in Korea).
- Combination of law firm and in–house experience preferred.
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.