Summer Legal Associate
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education. We are a privately held company that strives to accomplish our corporate mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better . We are committed to delivering uncompromising quality to the health care professionals who use our products, and ultimately, the millions of patients whose lives we impact.
Arthrex 2023 Benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company–Provided Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accident, Cancer, Hospital, Critical Illness)
Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
Wellness Incentive Program
Free, Onsite Medical Clinics
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Trip of a Lifetime
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
Please note, most benefits are for regular, full time employees.
Arthrex is a global medical device company and leader in orthopedics medical education. With a corporate mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better , Arthrex has pioneered the field of arthroscopy and develops more than 1,000 innovative products and procedures each year that support all aspects of orthopedics. The Arthrex Legal Department is a dynamic team of attorneys and legal professionals that provide legal support and counsel to all divisions of the company in a myriad of fields, including but not limited to commercial contracting, business development, labor and employment, litigation, compliance, and intellectual property. We're seeking a 2Y or 3Y J.D. student to provide legal support to our team in Naples, FL. The Summer Associate will work on meaningful and challenging assignments and support the Arthrex mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better .
To provide legal support for Arthrex's internal stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research and due diligence.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts and other legal memoranda.
- Interact with senior management while developing a working knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to our business.
- Participate in a practical training component that provides hands on experience such as a mock commercial contract negotiation or mock products liability settlement negotiation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is an in–office position located in Naples, FL; it is not a remote position.
Education and Experience:
- Progress towards a Juris Doctorate degree required, preferably in 2nd or 3rd year. (Students who have recently graduated are only eligible to work as a Summer Associate up to six months from their graduation date.)
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Qualified candidates should have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Ideal candidates are detail oriented and enjoy working in a fast–paced environment.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC or Mac; Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook; PowerPoint; Word and Excel. Fax; Scanner
Arthrex 2023 Benefits are:
• Medical Insurance (if 25 or more hours per week)
• Free Onsite Medical Clinics
• Free Onsite Lunch
• Volunteer PTO
• Access to the Wellness Center (For South Florida positions only)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.