Seeking trademark paralegal for boutique, intellectual property law firm based in Downtown Brooklyn. Full-time and part-time positions are available. The position allows for remote, hybrid, and in-office flexibility.
- Monitor deadlines associated with the U.S. and international dockets, including providing follow-up with attorneys and clients.
- Prepare and file trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Section 8 &15 declarations, and other filings with the USPTO under attorney supervision.
- Prepare and manage the recordation of assignments and name changes in the U.S. and internationally.
- Receive and act upon client instructions, including confirmation and/or draft response to client inquiries related to US, WIPO and foreign applications.
- Provide support for Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings and appeals.
- Review and analyze trademark watch notices and conduct routine trademark clearance searches.
- Utilize USPTO electronic resources effectively.
- Willingness and flexibility to work closely with all attorneys and staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with U.S. and international trademark law, including TTAB inter-partes matters.
- Proficiency in conducting trademark clearance searches and managing trademark watch notices.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently in a remote, hybrid, and/or in-office setting.
- Strong working knowledge to utilize various online electronic filings at the USPTO.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive trademark prosecution experience, including docket management, application filings and prosecution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent specialized training (i.e., paralegal studies or certificate from an ABA recognized program) is preferred.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume/CV, cover letter and salary requirements. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and position type (full-time/part-time).