Make a Difference in YOUR Career!
Our vision is both simple and ambitious: to put our drinks on every table.
We are the leading global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad range of national and international retailers as well as Global, National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading this while sipping one of our drinks.
Our ambition is to continually improve and it's what keeps us at the top of our game. We are solutions–based. We are innovative. We seek out new challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it's our people's too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast–moving industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries of what's best.
Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on every table?
The Legal Counsel serves as the corporate and transaction counsel by advising in conjunction with Sr. Legal Counsel, North America, the business leaders and teams on legal aspects of a broad range of business, transactional corporate, legal, and litigation matters that arise across the organization. The Legal Counsel reports directly to the Senior Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel is directly responsible for providing counsel and support on a wide range of legal matters including contracts, bankruptcy, pre–litigation and real estate matters. This role will also support and collaborate on other areas, as needed, in conjunction with Sr. Legal Counsel, including but not limited to: litigation, employment and labor relations, corporate legal issues, and regulatory matters.
- Independently responsible for:
- Contract review, negotiations, and redlining agreements
- Real Estate – Handle lease reviews and negotiations and redlines of agreements
- Pre–Litigation – respond to claims and subpoenas as necessary.
- In collaboration and partnership with Sr. Legal Counsel, responsible for:
- Oversight and management of certain litigation and claims
- Regulatory Matters
- Real Estate matters including leases and property acquisitions
- Employment Matters
- Corporate Legal Issues
- Reviewing, drafting, analyzing, and negotiating commercial contracts (e.g., NDA, procurement, vendor agreements, retail agreements)
- Collaborating with the business teams to identify and mitigate risks associated with contracts and present materials to business teams
- Ensuring timely follow–ups and updates to the business, thus avoiding delays in contract execution and risk mitigation
- Overseeing outside counsel for litigation matters
- Assist with review of employment law matters
- Assist with litigation matters including subpoenas, garnishments, and bankruptcy creditor proofs of claim
- Assist with Real Estate lease reviews
- Assist with alcohol licensing/permitting
- Work with Risk Management on insured claims
- Provide accurate and timely counsel and legal advice to the business on a variety of legal topics
- Conduct research regarding legal matters
- Drafting letters, reports, memoranda, and policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the business
- Handle regulatory matters related to the company and work with Company's Environmental Health and Safety department
- Assist outside counsel with intellectual property filings and review of intellectual property matters
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited school of law
- Admitted to practice law in the state of Florida.
- 3 – 5 years' legal experience
- Prior litigation experience preferred
- Prior in–house counsel experience considered
- Thorough knowledge and working skills in the area of commercial and procurement contracts and/or contract litigation and employment law
- Ability to identify and define legal issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of case law, and work within complex legal principles
- Ability to write contracts and other legal documents in a clear, concise, and understanding manner, incorporating the applicable principles of law
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent time management skills. Experienced in multi–tasking with changing priorities with ability to work in an organized, detailed manner under limited time frames and tight deadlines
- Ability to provide and present fact–based recommendations across various levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast–paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work and collaborate with various members of a business team
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
A Career with Refresco
Refresco offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Well–being benefits
- Discount programs
Join Refresco TODAY and enjoy a rewarding CAREER!
Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a résumé to this career site or a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Refresco Beverages, Inc. Refresco Beverages, Inc. will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Employment agencies that have agreements with Refresco Beverages, Inc., and have been engaged in a search shall submit résumé to the designated Refresco recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé to this career site to be eligible for placement fees.