About The Role
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Employment Type: Full–time
OCS UK & Ireland, part of the OCS Group, is a leading facilities management company providing a range of both standalone and integrated services including cleaning, catering, security, technical services, energy management and compliance, front of house, landscaping, logistics, waste management and pest control services. The company has a turnover of 1.5bn and operates across the UK and Ireland with 50,000 colleagues delivering innovative award–winning services to the private and public sectors and supporting the local communities in which it operates.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join our dynamic legal team. As the Legal Counsel for OCS, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our operations remain legally compliant, protecting our interests, and facilitating our continued growth. This position reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Informal hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Free fruit in our offices.
- Employee Referral Scheme (if you refer a successful candidate to one of our vacancies).
- Wide range of retail discounts.
- Regular social and charity events are held in our offices.
- Get involved in charity events in the local community.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye test 25 voucher and up to 100 towards glasses.
- Join our Cycle to Work scheme via salary sacrifice.
- Access to "CHROMA", our internal colleague–led diversity and inclusion community – join a committee or take part in our D&I initiatives and events.
- Access to internal Mental Health First Aiders.
Career development and recognition
- Immediate access to "Opportunity" our internal Learning and Development platform.
- Required professional membership fees paid for.
- Opportunity to win monthly Atalian Servest Superstar Awards.
- Long service awards.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts and agreements, including but not limited to client contracts, vendor agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations, particularly those related to the facilities management industry.
- Identify legal risks and provide strategic advice to mitigate potential issues. Develop and implement risk management strategies and policies.
- Manage and coordinate legal actions, disputes, and litigation, working closely with external counsel when necessary.
- Assist in corporate governance matters, including board meetings, regulatory filings, and corporate recordkeeping.
- Develop and update company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and alignment with best practices.
- Protect the company's intellectual property rights and manage trademark and patent applications as needed.
- Provide legal guidance on employment matters, including employment contracts, terminations, and compliance with labor laws.
- Assist in due diligence and transactional matters related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Conduct legal training sessions and workshops for employees to raise awareness of legal issues and compliance.
- Preferably worked within a combination of law firm and in–house experience.
- Strong knowledge of contract law, corporate law, employment law, and regulatory compliance.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Detail–oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent time management and prioritization abilities.
- Experience in facilities management or a related industry is a plus.