tpgroup part of Science Group Plc (AIM:SAG) are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end–to–end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
What we re looking for?
The Commercial Officer plays a key role within the business supporting the Commercial Team. The key deliverables are the day–to–day contract management, ensuring robust process and procedures are followed to drive the business functions to deliver to specific contract performance criteria, highlighting and minimizing risks in the business performance throughout the term.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as Commercial lead for all assigned frameworks, contracts, tasks and stages of the contracting process
- Undertake end to end review of all aspects of proposals to advise on risks and cost drivers and to propose acceptable commercial positions. Ensuring all bids comply with TPGroup approval process.
- Responsibility for drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements in accordance with TPGroup processes and guidelines
- Review of legal terms and conditions including redrafting as required in accordance with TPGroup processes
- Support the project management and technical delivery teams in identifying and effectively managing commercial risks to contract performance
- Ensure TPGroup processes regarding tendering and contract management are robustly followed
- Working alongside other members of the commercial team, support the ongoing improvement of key commercial processes across TP Group including contract administration, battle of the forms contracting, effective risk management tools and templates and key legislative and business best practice requirements
- Providing support and/or guidance as necessary in the resolution of contractual disputes with clients and suppliers
- Provide cover for other members of the TPGroup commercial team where needed and participate in working groups around process improvement and effective contract management concepts.
- You will have excellent organisation and communication skills and will be able to multi–task.
- You will have excellent knowledge, drafting skills and a clear and well developed understanding of key legal and commercial concepts.
- You will understand what is required to enable the business to deliver to the requirements of a contract and must be able to articulate this clearly to the delivery teams.
- You will be able to work both independently and to set deadlines and to provide support and guidance to others in the team and the wider business as needed.
- You will be willing to travel to multiple company sites across the UK with occasional overseas travel.
- You will understand and support the need for a pragmatic approach to commercial management.
- Excellent standard of accuracy in drafting and reviewing legal documentation – close attention to detail
- Clear understanding of key legal concepts
- Proven experience of risk management and dispute resolution
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent proven negotiation skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work in a team
- can–do pragmatic attitude
- Security clearance to at least SC level (or able to achieve this)
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience working in a similar role within the consulting/defence/engineering sector
- Experience of UK MoD Defcons
- Experience of intellectual property licencing agreements and concepts
- IACCM or CIPS qualified
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years UK residency.