We are seeking a qualified and experienced Legal Counsel to join a dynamic team. As a Legal Counsel, you will play a crucial role in providing legal guidance, support, and strategic advice to the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and skilled solicitor to make a significant impact and contribute to our organisation's success.
- Legal Advisory: Provide expert legal advice on a wide range of matters, including but not limited to contract law, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, employment law, GDPR and data privacy compliance and corporate governance.
- Contract Review and Drafting: Review, draft, and negotiate various commercial contracts and agreements, ensuring they are legally sound and align with the company's objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify legal risks and provide proactive solutions to mitigate these risks while ensuring the company's compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This includes business continuity planning and crisis management.
- Litigation Support: Collaborate with external counsel, as necessary, to manage litigation matters, including lawsuits, disputes, and claims, and support in–house investigations.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up to date with relevant laws and regulations and advise on compliance requirements and changes that may affect the company's operations.
- Dispute Resolution: Assist in the resolution of disputes and conflicts with third parties, including negotiation, mediation, and, if necessary, litigation.
- A qualified self–sufficient Solicitor in Corporate Commercial client matter
- A minimum of 2 years of Post–Qualified Experience (PQE) in a corporate legal role, with a strong preference for in–house counsel experience. Or may consider a recently qualified graduate.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem–solving skills with the ability to provide practical legal advice.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in legal research and document management tools
Hours: 37.5 hours per week between 9:00 am – 5:30 pm Monday to Friday or part–time is also considered, including school hours.
Contract: PermanentTotal package: GBP45 – GBP65k depending on experience, plus bonus and additional benefits. May consider a recently qualified graduate on a lower salary.
- Annual company bonus in addition to your salary.
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays.
- Hybrid working options may be considered, however, more time in the office than from home will be required.
- 5% matched company pension contribution.
If you are keen to find out more about this vacancy and you have the right experience/skills, please contact Steph McCormack at REED Legal () or apply.