Senior Legal Advisor Corporate & Commercial - London
This is a wide ranging role with the in–house Legal Team of a well known Legal Industry membership body. This Senior Legal advisor role, which is based in London, would be appropriate for a lawyer with at least 4 years PQE (based on the budget for the role and the work on offer).
Our client is a prestigious Legal Industry membership body, respected throughout the UK and the rest of the world.
Acting as in–house legal adviser and working with the Senior Legal Advisers and provide support to the Head of Legal Services as solicitor to the Organisation you will provide high quality specialist legal advice, assistance and representation in respect of corporate and commercial matters to both representative and regulatory functions. You will assist in identifying and minimising legal, corporate and commercial risks faced by the Organisation. In doing so you will:
- Provide accurate, well researched and clearly expressed written and oral legal advice in a wide range of corporate, commercial and strategic areas as well as accurate and concisely drafted legal advice and agreements, and internal reports.
- Manage and protect the Organisation's intellectual property portfolio.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Organisation's President, Chief Executive and senior managers on complex and sensitive matters.
- Actively demonstrate a solutions–focused awareness and an understanding of major issues affecting the legal profession, the Organisation's business objectives and priorities, as well as corporate compliance issues.
- Manage external lawyers on contentious matters where appropriate.
- Work with junior members of the team.
- Take on additional tasks as required by Head of Legal.
The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience of working as a lawyer in the private, public or voluntary sectors, including strategic management of complex legal and commercial issues.
They will be likely to have at least four years PQE and will have demonstrable knowledge of at least four of the following (with a desire and commitment to developing knowledge and skills in the areas below that are less familiar): –
- Corporate and commercial law
- Contract law
- Public Law
- Intellectual property law
- Competition law
Desirable – Good demonstrable knowledge of:
- Legal policy
- Regulatory law affecting the legal profession including the Legal Services Act 2007 and the Solicitors Act 1974 Public & administrative law
Working in a membership organisation
In order to find out more about the package on offer for this role, please apply, or alternative contact the instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal (London).