IP Litigation Associate
This leading global law firm are currently seeking an Associate to join their IP Litigation team based in London.
This is an opportunity to join a team and you'll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance.
- The London IP litigation group advises and acts on a broad range of contentious IP matters, with particular expertise in Technology, SEP and FRAND disputes, life sciences patent and regulatory disputes.
- Also some work in brands and designs litigation, and trade secrets disputes.
- In keeping with this, the group has a particular focus on the communications, high–tech, life sciences and media sectors, as well as working with a range of clients across other sectors, including financial services.
The practice is consistently ranked in the top tier for contentious IP and patent matters, which, as a full–service firm operating in 30 countries.
- Experience of other areas of contentious intellectual property (eg trade secrets, brands) would be a bonus, but is not essential.
- Working with experts and witnesses on reports & evidence
- Case management, including working to deadlines, managing client expectations and project delivery
- Business development and profile raising, via industry activities, client seminars, pitches, client alerts, publications, etc
- Management of know–how & active participation in training sessions
- Drafting, reviewing and amending inter–solicitors correspondence, expert reports, advice, etc Legal research and advice
- 4–5 PQE+ qualified Lawyer with a solid knowledge and understanding of patent litigation, including procedural and strategic aspects, case analysis, timelines, expert selection and evidence and trial preparation
- Strong technical knowledge across some (but not all) of the following areas: Technology, SEP and FRAND disputes and strategy Innovator vs generic/biosimilar launch and litigation scenarios Biologics or other innovator/innovator disputes in the life sciences sector.
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self –starter with the desire and ability continuously to acquire, develop and share knowledge
- Detail–focused and self–motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
If you are interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up–to–date copy of your resume, cover letter transcript and writing sample. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Joseph Wilkinson for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful.