Commercial Contracts Counsel - (REMOTE)
We are one of the first all–remote companies with 2,000+ team members utilizing our virtual office called eXp world. This role is work–from–anywhere in the U.S.
Who is eXp?
Doing the audacious is part of eXp Realty's DNA. We are a company that rewards creative minds who can offer bold solutions, where opinions matter, anything is possible and the outcome can be revolutionary. As a global full–service real estate brokerage utilizing a 3–D, fully immersive, cloud office environment, offering 24/7 access to collaborative tools & training, eXp has broken the traditional mold of real estate. We are doing big things.
Come join us at eXp Realty – a 6x Glassdoor Best Places to Work organization!
About the team
The eXp Realty Legal team is the guiding light to ensure all departments and business lines get the legal support and direction they need. While legal operations is primarily responsible for monitoring and assessing legal risks for the company, it is also proactive in developing and collaborating on innovative business practices in order to solve business issues and support eXp's continued growth goals.
What you will do:
eXp Realty is looking for a talented commercial contracts attorney to support the organization, including its affiliated SUCCESS family of companies, in key legal areas. This role principally involves, (1) analyzing the terms and conditions of various contract types; (2) communicating the associated risks, within those contract types, to internal business units; (3) revising relevant contracts to reflect intended deal points and contain risk; and (4) driving contract negotiations through to execution. This role also involves coordinating with various teams, business units, and members of leadership while working remotely.
The right person for this role will not only be expected to fulfill the foregoing primary responsibilities, but will also be expected to possess and exercise "soft skills;" that is, knowing when and how to educate a business unit; recognizing when different departments may not be in alignment on a particular matter; and attempting to bring relevant parties together to resolve matters. The right person for this role must know when to ask probing questions, when to defer to business units, and when and how to diplomatically "push back" when it serves the best interests of the organization. The role will require an ability to juggle multiple work tasks in a fast paced environment of innovation, and an ability to pivot tasks based on shifting operational priorities.
How you will make an impact:
- Having a genuine and approachable personality; business units should be made to feel comfortable working with you
- Having a team–oriented approach to your work
- Possessing an ability to (re)adjust shifting priorities
- Possessing an ability to work independently on non–recurring projects, with limited direction
- Habitually exercising attention to detail
- Possessing an ability to draft new contracts from a blank slate, both through original composition as well as through drawing on prior work
- Having at least 4–5 years of relevant experience within a law firm or corporate legal department
- Extensive experience in redlining techniques
How you will grab our attention:
- Possessing an understanding of the real estate brokerage industry
- Intellectual property (IP) experience
- Franchise law experience
- Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Admission to a state bar and currently in good standing
What eXp Realty Provides:
- Robust Medical benefits, as well as Dental & Vision benefits
- Company supplied equipment; laptop, monitor, headset
- FSA plan
- 401k with a 4% match
- Fully remote environment
- Amazing company culture
- And more
eXp Realty and its affiliated companies are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.