Legal Counsel - Wallet, Payments, and Commerce
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you'll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting–edge and often unexplored aspects of the law.Apple is looking for an expert technology transactions attorney to join our Services Product Legal group. This is a chance to be part of a hands–on team, dedicated to supporting the Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team across Europe and the Emerging Markets region.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred
- Experience advising on smart–cards, e–commerce, identity services, digital services and platforms, and other related services, including familiarity with applicable laws and regulations
- Experience advising on payments, digital wallets or payment processing and platforms, and other related services, including familiarity with applicable laws and regulations a plus
- Experience advising on laws and regulations applicable to collecting, storing, and using personal information preferred
- Excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with governmental entities a plus
- Experience working in an international team a plus
- Strong work ethic and collaboration skills essential
Do you enjoy fast–paced transactional work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working with teams? Your key responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating agreements and advising the Wallet, Payments, and Commerce business team on complex and often new legal issues. You will need to have demonstrable working experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating services, development and other technology and commercial agreements, as well as counseling clients on day–to–day legal matters in a technology environment, including data privacy aspects.You will be expected to: advise on the legal aspects of Apple's relationships with third parties in a number of industries such as loyalty, payments, identity, access and transit, advise on the contract structure and commercial terms for Apple's partners and customers, understand and translate laws and regulations that apply to services provided by Apple and its partners, and advise on the expansion of certain Apple services across Europe and the Emerging Markets.You will be part of a close–knit local team and a global team spanning across the US, Europe, Asia and around the world.
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well–being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time–away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount – both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.