IP and Litigation Counsel
Salary: $150K–$220K ( Compensation for this position will be determined based on relevant factors including, but not limited to, experience, qualifications, and location.)
WHO WE ARE
We are a global video game organization based out of Seoul, South Korea. The name derives from theslogan "Keep the craftsmanship on," a rendition of our commitment to developing and publishing world–class games from our studios and publishing centers across the globe. You may know us as the developers and publishers of PUBG: Battlegrounds, The Callisto Protocol, Subnautica, Defense Derby, and more. Our stellar studios based across the globe include PUBG Studios, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, Unknown Worlds and RisingWings.
- Handle all types of litigation–related legal issues relevant to the video game industry;
- Serve as a trusted advisor to global business stakeholders to help inform global strategy and build global policies and practices relating to litigation;
- Oversee and support the Company's global litigation and pre–litigation matters, including settlement negotiations, development of case strategy, legal research, e–discovery, briefs, depositions, trial, and post–trial;
- Manage outside counsel, including by assessing budgets and reviewing invoices;
- Collaborate with other members of the IP team to identify, register, protect, and enforce company IP, including copyrights, trademarks and domain names;
- Conduct IP clearance on company products and services, including trademark, copyright, open source, and domain name clearance;
- Review and update various IP guidelines for the company, including branding guidelines, marketing guidelines and legal notice guidelines;
- Review developments in IP laws and regulations, and advise the Company and provide training on related impacts to the business; and
- Other relevant legal duties as assigned.
- J.D. Degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years of legal experience as a practicing attorney, preferably with a mix of top–tier law firm and in–house experience.
- Able to handle litigation from beginning to end.
- Experience with, or capability to, work collaboratively with a global legal team and global business counterparts.
- Experience in intellectual property matters, particularly copyrights and trademarks.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Experience with litigation and dispute resolution, preferably involving technology, consumer claims, and IP.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and manage outside counsel.
- Experience with video game, entertainment, or software technology a significant plus.
- Strong sense of customer support and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Detail–oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast–paced environment.
- Occasional travel, including international, may be required.
- Knowledge of Korean or other foreign languages a plus, but not required.