Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel page is loaded Associate General Counsel Apply locations Santa Clara, CA time type Full time posted on Posted 11 Days Ago job requisition id About Marvell
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world's data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers' current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we're ultimately changing the way tomorrow's enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform–for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It's what's keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you're ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
The OpportunityThe Commercial Transactions Group in Marvell's Legal Department drafts, reviews, negotiates, and manages the company's global commercial agreements. The team partners closely with every business unit and functional group across Marvell, and counsels and provides solutions and business and legal advice on best practices and risks for commercial engagements. This role will be part of the Commercial Transactions Group, will focus on complex customer–facing transactions primarily with Marvell's cloud and AI customers for Marvell's leading–edge products and technologies, and will report to the Deputy General Counsel managing the group.
- You will lead a team of attorneys and contract professionals and work with colleagues across multiple business units and functional groups on high volume and a wide range of commercial matters.
- In addition to leading a team, you will draft, negotiate, and advise the business primarily on commercial and strategic transactions with Marvell's customers and suppliers.
- You will partner closely and directly with representatives from multiple business units to represent and lead complex negotiations while balancing Marvell's business and legal interests.
- In collaboration with functional groups and business units, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement to existing legal templates, legal and business processes, and legal support models.
- You are responsible for effectively identifying and assessing legal risks associated with commercial transactions and will work to develop strategies to minimize and mitigate these risks. Additionally, you will provide legal advice and support to senior management across Marvell's business.
- You will build and maintain business relationships and the trust of internal clients while maintaining adherence to Marvell's legal standards.
- You will be responsible for handling and completing special assignments or projects at the direction of the Head of the Commercial Transactions Group.
- You must have a Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited law school, and must be an active member of at least one US state bar with eligibility to register as in–house counsel in California.
- Minimum experience 15+ years with complex high technology commercial transactions and intellectual property licensing, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
- You will have proven experience in mentoring and developing a high performing team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross–functional team environment and with multiple business units.
- To be successful in this role, you will possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as superior time and project management and organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations, be practical and solve problems creatively in a very fast–paced work setting.
- You demonstrate excellent judgment, effective client counseling, and decision–making skills.
Expected Base Pay Range (USD)162,780 – 243,900, $ per annum
The successful candidate's starting base pay will be determined based on job–related skills, experience, qualifications, work location and market conditions. The expected base pay range for this role may be modified based on market conditions.
Additional Compensation and Benefit ElementsAt Marvell, we offer a total compensation package with a base, bonus and equity.Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage or opt–out credit; 401(k) with company match including pre–tax, roth and after–tax contributions; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); wellness & mental health support including coaching and therapy; family support programs including back up care, tutoring, and SNOO rental. Paid time off options include vacation time, holidays, volunteer days, sick time, family care leave, and bonding leave. For more information, please go to .
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
At Marvell, we are doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. As part of our efforts to address the Covid pandemic and future epidemics, you may be required at any time by our policies or applicable laws to provide proof of applicable vaccination or to present negative test results.This role is eligible for our hybrid work model in which you will be able to split time between working from home and on–site in a Marvell office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell HR Helpdesk at .Can't find a suitable opening?
Become a valued member of our talent community, where you'll be first to hear the latest on all of our news, job openings and events.
Join our Talent Community!About Marvell 0:00 / 1:31
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress.
That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration
builds better technology.
How to protect yourself against recruitment fraud.
Focused and determined, we unite behind your goals as our own. We
leverage our unrivaled portfolio of data infrastructure semiconductor
technology to identify the best solution for your unique needs. And we
sit shoulder–to–shoulder with your teams to build it. Agile in our thinking,
and our partnerships, we look for unexpected connections that deliver a
competitive edge and reveal new opportunities. At Marvell, we're driven
by the belief that how we do things matters just as much as what we do.
That's why, at Marvell, we go all in with you. Because, with a foundation
built on partnership, anything is possible.
Recruitment fraud is a well–known way that third parties try to get personal information or to steal money from you. Please review Marvell's guidance here to learn more on how you can protect yourself.