Commercial Counsel, Android, Google Play
corporate_fare Google place Los Angeles, CA, USA ; Chicago, IL, USA ; +4 more
info_outline X Info Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Austin, TX, USA. Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- 7 years of experience with attorney–level in a law firm/in–house legal department.
- Experience advising clients in structuring commercial transactions and commercial agreements.
- Admitted to the bar in position location and in good standing to practice law.
- Experience drafting services agreements, distribution agreements, licenses, and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of the AR/VR industry.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip–smart group of in–house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Android Play Business Legal supports Google's platforms and ecosystems for its business. Android's open platform has created a community of manufacturers and developers that reach a global audience with their devices and apps. This has expanded beyond phones to tablets, cars, watches, TVs, and more. The Android Verticals team advises on or supports a range of novel legal matters such as key joint development, licensing, and/or strategic distribution agreements with OEMs, SoCs, carriers, developers, content providers and creators, and marketing or inbound service agreements. As we support more nascent verticals within the Android ecosystem, we work with the core Android team to align on policies/strategy across products.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
The US base salary range for this full–time position is $217,000–$318,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job–related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .
- Review, draft, and manage licenses and intellectual property agreements on a daily basis.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Licensing, Business Development, Marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise business clients, Finance, and other company colleagues on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and Know your rights: workplace discrimination is illegal . If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we're committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we're building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents–to–be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.