Office of the Chief Legal Officer - Sr. Corporate Counsel
Office of the Chief Legal Officer – Sr. Corporate Counsel page is loaded Office of the Chief Legal Officer – Sr. Corporate Counsel Apply locations Los Angeles, CA time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id JR6018 Job Description
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies , innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start–up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on–air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The Sr. Corporate Counsel role will be responsible for providing legal support to CAA's business groups, with a primary focus on M&A, r eal e state, and general c orporate matters including joint ventures, investments, treasury matters a nd intellectual property . The Sr. Corporate Counsel must have broad corporate and transactional experience and an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently and/or as a member of the corporate team.
- Provide support for real estate transactions, including working with members of the facilities team on deal structure and LOI terms, drafting and negotiating lease agreements, and actively managing the legal process relating to real estate matters
- Supporting various corporate groups (e.g., Treasury, Finance and Accounting, Tax, etc.) on corporate and other transactional matters
- Interact with global legal and business colleagues on multi–jurisdictional transactions and initiatives
- Manage post–closing integration matters and operational issues
- Work on multiple transactions concurrently
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction with 6+ years of relevant experience with a top tier law firm
- Ability to multi–task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small)
- Sound business judgment and demonstrated experience providing practical legal advice
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Highly responsive and service–oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines in a fast–paced and demanding work environment
- Overall broad legal experience in corporate law, client side experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to clearly present ideas and summarize complex issues, both in writing and verbally
- Provide support for general corporate matters, including commercial contracts, intellectual property and licensing matters and other corporate matters
- This role is on–site, based in the Los Angeles office.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $216,500 – $290,600. T his position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third–party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Similar Jobs (7) Senior Tax Director locations Los Angeles, CA time type Full time posted on Posted 7 Days Ago Brand Consulting – Account Manager, Sports locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago About Us
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.