Senior Commercial Counsel
Druva enables cyber, data and operational resilience for every organization with the Data Resiliency Cloud, the industry's first and only at scale SaaS solution. Customers can radically simplify data protection, streamline data governance, and gain data visibility and insights as they accelerate cloud adoption. Druva pioneered a SaaS–based approach to eliminate complex infrastructure and related management costs, and deliver data resilience via a single platform spanning multiple geographies and clouds. Druva is trusted by thousands of enterprises, including 60 of Fortune 500, to make data more resilient and accelerate their journey to the cloud. Visit and follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter and Facebook .
As the Senior Commercial Counsel, you are a crucial member of our legal team, reporting directly to the General Counsel. Your role involves collaborating with cross–functional teams to support our GTM efforts, continuously improve our commercial legal processes, and provide counsel across various domains, including contract dispute, privacy and product. You will also confidently lead negotiations and engage with both internal and external executives. Our company's headquarters are in Santa Clara, CA and this role is in–office, currently three days a week.
- Provide input and leadership on business strategy, including partnering with key leaders on their go–to–market strategy and planning
- Draft and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements, including direct customer MSA, channel partnerships, strategic agreements, vendor contracts, and software/IP development and licensing deals.
- Advise cross–functional teams and executives on legal risks encompassing statutory and regulatory issues such as privacy/personal data and intellectual property. Provide practical and creative solutions while fostering trusted advisor relationships.
- Drive ongoing enhancements of templates, forms, policies, and processes to streamline and simplify deals and product/service terms.
- Pursue continuous improvement, scalability, and operational excellence in contract management, workflows, deal processes, and execution.
- Undertake other assigned duties, including potential collaboration with the General Counsel on additional corporate matters like financings and compliance.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 8+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally with a blend of law firm and in–house practice.
- Proficiency in commercial technology transactions, including B2B SaaS, direct, channel partnerships, and strategic transactions, particularly with Fortune 1000 companies on a global scale.
- Working understanding of business models, sales motion, global commercial negotiation practices and revenue recognition standards
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate effective collaboration and negotiation with internal and external business and legal teams.
- Strong drafting skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of data privacy, IP and commercial dispute.
- Familiarity with implementing/utilizing contract lifecycle management systems is a plus.
- A proven track record of teamwork and collaboration.
- Proactive, adaptable, with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects, navigate complexities, and deliver results with poise and patience.
- Strong work ethic
The pay range for this position is expected to be between $168,000 and $224,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized, non–discriminatory factors, including market location, job–related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, and equity. Additionally, full–time employees are eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program, including health and wellness benefits, 401(k) retirement plan, life and disability insurance coverages, and other benefits the Company may offer from time to time.