Intellectual Property/Product Liability Attorney
Our client, a prominent law firm with offices throughout New York, has an immediate need for an experienced Intellectual Property/Product Liability Attorney w Litigation experience, to join their winning team in White Plains.
Our candidate of choice will be an experienced litigation associatewith a keen interest in or working knowledge of firearms and ammunitionfor its expanding national litigation practice. You will engage in a wide–variety of nationwide litigation (as well as non–litigation) matters involving the firearm industry, including product liability, complex commercial, intellectual property and other interesting legal disputes. Our ideal candidate will have experience with and strongknowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, from initial pleadings through discovery (fact and expert) and dispositive motion practice.This position would include supervising and being a leader for junior associates and paralegals with potential firm management duties.
- Admission to practice law in the State of New York. Secondary admission to practice law in the State of New Jersey is a plus.
- 7+ years of litigation experience (or thereabouts) with some supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent legal research, investigation, writing, and verbal skills are also required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
- Previous experience preparing and responding to (1) initial pleadings, (2) motions to dismiss, (3) written fact discovery demands, including requests for production, interrogatories, and requests for admission, (4) written expert discovery demands, including requests for production, interrogatories, and expert witness disclosures, (5) discovery–related motions and meet–and–confer correspondence, (6) Daubert and/or Frye motions, (7) motions for summary judgment, (8) motions in limine, and (9) other trial–related court filings, including requests to charge and verdict sheets.
- Deposition experience is mandatory with the ideal candidate having independently taken and defended a great deal of depositions.
- Courtroom and deposition experience are required.
- Welcomes litigation concerning the defense of the firearms industry (not criminals or shooters).
- Experience with firearms, ammunition, and/or recreational or competitive shooting sports is extremely beneficial, a major plus, and highly preferred. This interest will allow for quick assimilation into this position and enhance your ability to represent our clients' interests.
- Litigating commercial, product liability, and other personal injury lawsuits in both federal and state courts.
- Experience in counseling clients on commercial matters.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills.
- Independent case management experience while also having the ability to work with a team.
- Ability to multi–task and handle a robust caseload.
Please apply today for an immediate interview!
Elgen staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in Bergen County, New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!