Corporate Counsel, AWS Legal, AWS Legal
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented attorney to be based in Seattle to fill the position of Corporate Counsel – AWS Security. The role will primarily support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing service industry, providing IT infrastructure services, such as on–demand compute, storage, database, network and content delivery, artificial intelligence, mobile, and internet of things services, and more.
You'll be an integral part of the AWS Security team you support, giving input on business and strategy, providing products counseling, including counseling on intellectual property, AI/ML, and hardware matters, counseling on regulatory and compliance matters, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre–litigation disputes and inquiries. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business–centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. You also will provide support for AWS's global security operations, working with engineers on complex, emergent matters.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
• Juris Doctor (JD) and admitted to at least 1 state bar (or equivalent)
• 5+ years of legal experience as a practicing attorney, preferably with technology–related legal and regulatory matters
• Mix of law firm and in house experience at a technology company
• Experience with product counseling, compliance and regulatory regimes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to make important decisions on emerging issues, often with limited information
• Experience anticipating developing issues, thinking ahead, and influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and commitment to deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $123,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $229,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job–related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign–on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.