Intellectual Property Attorney
We are seeking a full time Associate with a passion for intellectual property and litigation with a special focus on anti-counterfeiting and other trademark and copyright infringement matters.
Candidate should be able to:
- Handle the day to day management of a docket of cases (in both federal and state court) and other matters involving both the prosecution and defense of trademark, copyright and/or trade dress infringement claims [and related applications for registrations] in federal court and/or before the USPTO and TTAB;
- Engage in the review and analysis of evidentiary materials in connection with the development of case strategies at all phases of case development, from pre-suit investigations through pre-trial preparation and ultimate resolution;
- Draft all legal pleadings including complaints, temporary restraining orders, various types of motions including summary judgment motions and motions related to contempt and other types of post-judgment proceedings;
- Manage discovery process, including drafting and responding to written discovery requests and related motion practice;
- Participate in court conferences;
- Take and defend depositions and assist with the development of written witness testimony and the preparation of witnesses;
- Draft mediation statements, trial-related motions, jury instructions, and/or otherwise participate in mediations, hearings, or trials as necessary;
- Draft cease and desist letters, settlement and related agreements;
- Experience in bringing administrative trademark proceedings before the TTAB a plus;
- Participate/supervise in the civil seizure of counterfeit/infringing merchandise; and
- Assist with trademark, copyright, and domain enforcement efforts, including online enforcement and in administrative proceedings.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to travel if necessary
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- New York State admission and admission to the SDNY and EDNY courts.