Salary: Up to GBP65,000 + Company Bonus & Paid Overtime
Location: Stevenage (Hybrid) & Flexi–hours
You will act as a trusted Junior Legal Advisor, assisting various stakeholders throughout the business, including the senior management team. You will provide commercially orientated legal advice principally to the UK business, but also to the parent and sister companies and colleagues abroad, as required. You will also assist with company secretarial functions within the Company's and Group Legal Department.
Your role will be within the UK Legal Team, which currently consists of four lawyers who are firmly integrated into the wider international legal team. You will provide advice on matters including:
- Contractual terms (e.g., sales and marketing, procurement, R&D, co–operation and partnering and security related agreements, IT)
- Intellectual property
- Regulatory issues
- Treasury matters
- Company secretarial duties, including board minutes and resolutions
- DEFCONs and other Government/s terms
- Provision of training, particularly to the Procurement and Commercial functions on contractual terms and conditions and DEFCONs
Work–Life Balance: We believe in the importance of work–life balance. Our flexible work arrangements ensure you can excel in your career while enjoying a fulfilling personal life.
Paid Overtime: We value your dedication and hard work. Enjoy competitive pay, plus paid overtime for those extra hours you put in to make our projects a success.
Career Growth: We invest in our employees' professional development. Take advantage of training, mentorship, and advancement opportunities.
Investment in People: We are a company renowned for our investment in people and have won several awards to recognise the value we place on our culture.
What we need from you:
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate good legal skills, who is happy to be a "generalist" and, where there are gaps in their existing legal knowledge, has a desire to learn on the job and expand their competencies. We are looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Has academic qualifications of LLB, BA (Law) and above, with PQE
- Has worked in a private practice law firm. Experience working in an in–house Legal team is an advantage
- Possesses the ability to understand a complex situation and summarise it in a concise and easy to understand format
- Possesses the skills and authority to convince clients, both in–house and external
- Is capable of interfacing easily with other functions in a multi–cultural environment
- Possesses strong drafting, legal analysis and negotiating skills
- Can generate commercial risk–based solutions
Remember, applying is not accepting a job offer, it's just an indication you would like to know more about the role. Please apply!