Senior Commercial Counsel
What You'll Do:
We are working to build a world class team of lawyers and legal professionals who will be strategic partners with the business. We seek applicants who will build and thrive in our culture: team–oriented, collegial, non–hierarchical, diverse perspectives, productive, and adaptable.This role will be working on cutting–edge legal issues in a fast–paced environment, so we are seeking ambitious candidates who are interested in working hard, moving fast, and playing a significant role in the development of a world class legal team. The position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial and will work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of the company to define and drive strategic and operational initiatives with on–time and on–budget results, such as:
- Structure, negotiate, draft, and advise on supply agreements for parts and raw materials, equipment purchase and lease agreements, manufacturing agreements, joint development agreements, intellectual property (IP) licenses, and other transactional documents
- Advise clients on strategic sourcing and negotiation best practices
- Resolve issues in existing commercial relationships and support dispute–resolution efforts
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems
- Support the continuous improvement and scale of standard form agreements, playbooks, and related legal processes.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 5+ years of substantive commercial, supply, logistics, and intellectual property experience, at least 3+ of those years with an in–house legal department.
- Proven negotiation, drafting, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts including component parts, raw materials, and equipment purchase and lease agreements, joint development agreements, and manufacturing agreements.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to quickly and effectively relay complex information in an efficient and broadly understandable format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently and efficiently prioritize matters while meeting demanding deadlines
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility
- Experience successfully performing in high–pressure environments
- Law degree (J.D.) from an ABA–accredited institution
- Admitted to bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in–house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- Experience within the aerospace industry and/or US defense contracting
- Familiarity with export control regulations including EAR and ITAR and their impact on navigating supplier relationships
- Experience negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts such as indirect procurement, professional services, engineering, SaaS, marketing agreements, strategic partnerships, and non–disclosure agreements
- Ability to work comfortably and be conversational across different business functions (e.g., product, engineering, supply chain, marketing, finance, compliance, HR) and lines of business.
- Understanding of legal operations and business process improvement initiatives
- Willingness to travel.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay–for–performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company's business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $163,000–$204,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job–related knowledge, skills, and experience.Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer's People Team at . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case–by–case basis.