Head of Legal
Head of Legal, London
Macrobond, a global fintech company, delivers cutting–edge B2B SaaS research solutions to economic and financial experts in buy–side, sell–side, corporate, government, and academic sectors.
With backing from Francisco Partners, a prominent global tech investment firm, we're headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, and have offices in Gothenburg, London, Poland, Lisbon, Hong Kong, and New York.
Our revolutionary platform, rich intellectual property, and a rapidly growing international team position us as a global leader in the macroeconomic data and technology sector.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented in–house General Counsel to further strengthen our business and organization in our future expansion.
This is a new position, reporting directly to the CFO and working mainly with the Commercial Organization. You will get the opportunity to develop the role, based on your previous experience.
As General Counsel you will cover a wide range of legal aspects in an international environment, where you will be working with key stakeholders including management, our sales departments, clients and finance. The initial focus of the role will be to negotiate terms with customers, partners and suppliers, which will involve working closely with the Commercial organization.
The ideal candidate will have gained previous experience with a law firm or an international company. You will be ready for your next step and the opportunity to grow your career with a fast–growing Company within the SaaS industry.
- Lead the commercial contract process as part of our sales process, which includes draft, review and approve contractual conditions in different contexts
- Develop, maintain and negotiate data and partnership contracts
- Lead all legal activities, internal and external inquiries and handle legal matters arising in the company's day–to–day work
- Provide clear and correct legal advice and interpretation of business requirements to internal stakeholders
- Enable and support the global expansions in terms of legal requirements
- Corporate compliance and company administration
- Trademark and intellectual property rights
- Relevant Law degree
- A minimum of 5–8 years' experience from a corporate law firm or as an in–house corporate lawyer preferably gained with an international cooperation and/or fast–growing companies within tech and financial services
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex international contracts
- Understanding of intellectual property rights, especially within trademarks and licensing
- Commercial and a service–oriented mindset
- Fluent in English
- The ability to combine your law expertise with a business mindset
- A can–do mentality and the right attitude to get things done.
- Great and dynamic mindset, you are triggered to solve complex problems, challenges and turning it around in a pragmatic and time effective way
- Highly important to demonstrate ability to interpret, communicate/present findings and make recommendations in a professional way
- Possess strong drive and result–oriented
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- An analytical, systematic and organized way of working, with an ability to prioritize competing tasks
- To thrive in a hectic and busy work environment where performance demands are high
- To enjoy working across departments and be collaborative