Trade Mark Attorney
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Reports to: Trademark Attorney
Type of Role: Office Based/Hybrid/Remote
Reference no: 5558
An exciting opportunity has arisen for bright and ambitious trade mark Attorney to join a dedicated Dentons Helix team to work in innovative new ways for one of the UK's best loved and most iconic media brands.
Dentons Helix transforms in–house legal teams to allow cost certainty and risk reduction whilst empowering insightful data–backed strategic decisions. We deliver excellent legal services and insightful data to support our clients by using a combination of legal, technological and operational specialists to define a new standard for best practice.
Our client has entrusted Dentons to manage their trade mark portfolio and enter into a genuine long–term partner relationship. Given the extensive nature of our client's business and its innovative and dynamic approach, the work will undoubtedly be varied, challenging and engaging.
We have built a dedicated team to support this work, which will work alongside our wider UK IP team as well as the client's in–house legal function. Given the focus of the team, this opportunity will be ideal for paralegals who are looking for an alternative experience. In particular:
- Due to the single client focus and the nature of the team, these roles will provide greater certainty and flexibility of working hours;
- This role will provide the opportunity to work with one client as a core part of its legal function, enabling the successful candidates to gain a deeper understanding of the client's business and a closer working relationship with the client's in–house team;
- Whilst this is a dedicated team, the successful candidates will work alongside the UK IP team and benefit from all of the team training.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Trade Mark Attorney to join our dynamic team. As a Trade Mark Attorney, you will play a critical role in protecting and managing our client's intellectual property assets and you will work as part of a team to deliver the full spectrum of trade mark portfolio requirements for our client.
Responsibilities, experience and skills
- Qualified Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
- Strong knowledge of UK trade mark laws and international trade mark systems and experience working on a global trade mark portfolio.
- Proficiency in conducting trade mark searches and managing trade mark watches.
- Providing advice for trade mark and design filing strategies.
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications through to registration and liaising with local agents regarding national applications worldwide.
- Preparing and filing opposition, cancellation and revocation actions.
- Handling inter parties disputes before trade mark registries and supervising overseas disputes handled by foreign associates as well as negotiating and drafting settlements agreements.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world–class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email .
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email – Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.