Senior Legal Counsel
As a Gold accredited Investor in People we have everything you need to prosper at Alfa. Inclusion is the beating heart of Alfa so whoever you are, you can show up as your best self everyday – be that from home, from our offices, or a little bit of both. We've got the tech, we've got the opportunities, all we're missing is you.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel based out of our London office. Your primary role will be to assist the General Counsel in supporting Alfa's current and future operations.
- General: Provide advice and support to enable internal stakeholders to take business decisions in respect of legal risks, legal requirements or constraints and with an understanding and control of the risks. Provide continuous feedback and evaluate processes for improvement; contribute to significant operational improvements; develop and implement recommendations that increase efficiencies within Alfa.
- Risk and governance: Be a strong business partner, helping guide the business through the legal and compliance risk landscape. Support on company secretarial matters globally including subsidiary governance. Implement and oversee corporate policies and procedures.
- Employment law: Act as the primary legal contact (generalist or subject matter expert) for Alfa's People Team; and assist Alfa's People Team globally with employment matters such as standard agreements (UK and overseas, including remote workers; contractor agreements, etc), HR legal documentation and contracts, Alfa policies and general employment law advice (using outside counsel as required).
- Insurance: Lead legal review of Alfa's risk–based insurance policies.
- Intellectual property: Provide advice and counsel regarding trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property.
- ESG: Act as the primary legal contact on ESG matters and associated projects. Provide support to the Company Secretary on ESG ratings submissions.
- Agreements / general drafting: Assist with non–standard commercial and partner contract drafting, including advising on structure; in a way that takes into account risk, liability and reputation.
- Other: Perform other legal and administrative tasks as required by the General Counsel, for example reviewing NDAs and engagement letters.
We're looking for someone who has :
- Qualified as a Solicitor or equivalent with an active UK practising certificate.
- 4+ years of post–qualification experience practising in a reputable law firm and/or in–house legal department.
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively problem–solve.
- Sound business judgement and the ability to balance legal risks and business objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross–functional teams.
- A can–do attitude, able to work under pressure, tight deadlines and to manage the expectations of internal stakeholders.
What we'll do for you
- Support you in flexible, hybrid or remote working
- 30 days' annual leave plus bank holidays and flexible cultural days and the ability to buy up to 10 days each year
- Pension contribution match up to 6%
- Offer a choice between a Windows or Mac laptop
- Provide private health insurance and access to private online GP
- Support you with enhanced parental leave with family–friendly policies
- Provide Income protection
- Provide Life, disability and worldwide travel insurance
- Offer interest free loans of up to GBP10,000 after probation period
- Offer Gympass giving access to a range of health and wellbeing gyms, classes and apps
- Support you in pursuing membership of professional bodies
- Offer 5 days per year for professional development
- Offer 3 paid days of volunteering per year
We bring our industry–leading software platform to the likes of Mercedes–Benz, CarMax and Bank of America, so they can do business globally. Supporting all types of auto, equipment and wholesale finance business, our software platform uses a modern technology stack to deliver proven functionality and performance. Our customers use Alfa Systems for the full lifecycle, from point of sale, through originations, to contract management and remarketing. Alfa Systems manages complex leases and loans, in any region, language and currency in a highly available, high–throughput system.
Our culture is vibrant, innovative and diverse, and we are proud of it. Ours is a close–knit community. Alfa employees are an eclectic mix and all are creative, talented and hardworking. We think it is important to build close working relationships within our company, so we hold numerous team events and conferences that bring us together for socializing and team building. We all enjoy the work–life balance and the great culture, with plenty of social activities organized by the company.About Us
We're Alfa, a leading provider of software and services to the global asset finance industry. Our purpose–built software platform, Alfa Systems, is at the heart of some of the largest and most innovative companies in the sector, such as Bank of America, Barclays, Mercedes–Benz and Nordea. Established in 1990 and with over 360 employees worldwide, we are headquartered in London with projects all over Europe, the US and Asia–Pacific.