Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the Lotus Legal & Compliance team. The role will be based in Central London but will also be an integral part of Lotus' Global Legal Team.
- You will be a member of the legal and compliance team at Group Lotus, working directly with the Senior Legal Counsel and the Director of Legal & Compliance to provide overall support and consultancy within the commercial aspect of the Global business.
- You will be supporting the commercial business by providing advice on a variety of legal and advisory matters, as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts, communications with suppliers and customers, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Practice areas will include a wide range of commercial contracts, with a primary focus on auto dealer network development, project finance, data privacy, agency and distributorship, competition law, consumer law protection, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Collaborate with other Lotus subsidiaries as well as external counsels across multiple jurisdictions in ensuring global compliance.
Education and Necessary Experience:
- English–qualified solicitor, with no less than 5PQE.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in at least two of the following areas: Agency and distributorship, consumer law protection, competition law, and dispute resolutions.
- Excellent communication and relationship–building skills with an ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong negotiation skills in both domestic and cross–border transactions.
- Well organised and efficient with an ability to multitask.
- Autonomous, structured working method.
- Coachable, sharp, and inquisitive.
- We are looking for a team player who has a strong sense of ownership, collaborative, and supportive.
- Experience in an international environment is mandatory.
- Experience in complex Intellectual Property matters is mandatory.
- Experience as an in–house lawyer within a corporate group is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
- Access to car scheme
Hybrid working supported, with a minimum of at least 3 days expected in the London office