Overview: The Biden for President Legal Department is seeking a Corporate Counsel to advise on corporate governance, contracts, operations, compliance, ethics, and other legal questions. This role will work closely with other members of the Campaign legal team to provide legal guidance to a broad range of Campaign staff.Key Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance to assess and mitigate legal and operational risk
- Negotiate and draft contracts, leases, and other documents
- Draft, implement, and enforce internal policies and procedures
- Work with the Campaign's Operations and Compliance teams to design, develop, implement and monitor risk–specific compliance programs (e.g., state tax compliance, insurance requirements) in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Advise on Campaign's corporate governance responsibilities
- J.D. from an ABA–accredited law school
- Membership in good standing with at least one U.S. state bar
- At least 3–5 years of experience in legal practice with either government, a nonprofit, a law firm, or an in–house legal department
- Experience with corporate governance, contracts, compliance, and/or ethics strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent research, writing and communications skills, including when communicating to a non–legal audience
- Data privacy and/or intellectual property expertise, preferred but not required
- Experience working in Democratic politics and/or on political campaigns, preferred but not required
Biden for President requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID–19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the campaign's COVID–19 policy, you should speak to the HR Department prior to reporting to an office location.
Biden for President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The campaign is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The campaign is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The campaign will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
All information provided to Biden for President must be accurate and truthful. In the event that any information on your resume or related materials are found to be untruthful, the campaign reserves the right to disregard applications or take immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and also reserves the right to take legal action for related damages.
Accessibility Note: We invite all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you require any accommodation in the application process, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Biden for President believes in the importance of privacy for all individuals and is committed to handling personal data responsibly and securely . This means being thoughtful about the data you share with us, how we use it, and how we protect it.