Regional Legal Counsel - United States
dss+ is a leading operations management consulting firm offering a range of advisory and implementation transformational services in Operational Risk, Operational Excellence, Sustainability enabled by Learning & Development and Digital Technologies.
dss+ has employees across the globe offering services primarily in the Metals & Mining, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, Consumer Products and Financial Services industries.
With our dss+ industrial operations heritage and expertise in operational risk management, operations excellence, learning & development, data analytics & digital technology, our capabilities provide an integrated, transformational solution to enable clients to realize their business goals.
At dss+ we embrace and celebrate diversity. We have established an inclusive culture, where everyone contributes, has the chance to develop and display their talents in solving challenging client problems. We are a team–based culture and thus we look for people that operate well in this environment, are intellectually curious and are adaptive, ensuring their contribution fits within the evolving themes and dynamics of our projects.
About the Opportunity:
The Regional Legal Counsel – USC is the lead–legal counsel for the US and Canada market that works in close collaboration with USC leadership.
Responsible for providing legal oversight, expertise, and guidance across the team:
- Responsible for the legal oversight of the USC region
- Draft, review and negotiate US govt contracts/ rfp at state and federal level
- Advise and support internal stakeholders, such as the USC management, sales, and project execution teams on a wide variety of contractual, commercial, and legal matters
- Draft, review, and negotiate, consulting services agreements, master service agreements, and standard NDAs, with both public and private sector clients
- Assist on Vendor Agreement, Independent Contractors, and IT agreements
- Assist on ad–hoc corporate governance, M&A, compliance, antitrust, anti–bribery and anti–corruption, intellectual property, and data privacy matters
- Provide guidance, support as well as risk management and mitigation for all USC business activities, challenges, and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with dss+ policies and procedures, ethical practices, company values, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Coordination and collaboration with all other legal team members to ensure global coverage of legal matters
- Train and educate the team on legal matters
- Manage external legal counsel across USC
- Model and support our core values and mission critical behaviors
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited US law school
- License to practice law and in good standing with at least one state bar (preferably Delaware or New York or Illinois) (Additional call to a Canadian province an asset)
- Minimum 10 – 20 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5–6 years working on government contracts, RFPs/tenders at state and federal level (US government public transport contracts experience preferred)
- Prior experience in consulting or professional services preferred
- Strong experience in contract reviews and advice
Competencies and Abilities:
- Function independently, with moderate supervision
- Handle high volume of work, recognize priorities, and manage time effectively
- Follow a risk–based approach
- Pragmatic and business–oriented approach.
- Focused on providing practical solutions with a business impact
- Manage senior stakeholders and internal clients
- Comfortable to deal with ambiguity and can make quick decisions
- Willing and interested in working closely with the dss+ team and contribute directly to the group's success
- Good interpersonal skills, including clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi–task
- Light travel may be required