Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel – Careers At Cryogenic Industries Careers at Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries
Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries is one of the world's leading manufacturers of engineered cryogenic gas processing equipment and small–scale process plants for the liquefied natural gas (LNG), well services and industrial gas industries. We pride ourselves on our team of experienced and dedicated management and highly–skilled and loyal workforce, who have helped build and secure the Company's success. From engineers to accountants, welders to assembly technicians, Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries depends on people to power our innovations.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment in an engineering–driven company. If you are talented, dedicated and want to be involved in this exciting and growing industry, we would like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional work environment, and a competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 401k match, medical, dental and much more!
Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.Back To Openings Associate General Counsel Location: Irvine, CA, United States
START YOUR APPLICATION
Associate General Counsel
Nikkiso Clean Energy & Industrial Gases is a leading provider of cryogenic pumps, fueling stations, heat exchangers, process systems, turboexpanders, services, and solutions for the liquefied natural gas (LNG), liquefied hydrogen (LH2), and industrial gases industries. We are a subsidiary of Nikkiso Company Ltd, a leading industrial manufacturer headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with $1.5 B USD in annual revenue, 8000 + employees worldwide, and publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Associate General Counsel will provide pragmatic, business–oriented legal advice and solutions to support the functional units' business teams in meeting strategic and commercial goals and minimizing legal risk.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review and draft a variety of commercial agreements, ensuring corporate contractual requirements are met in order to minimize risk to the functional units legally and financially, and negotiate the terms of agreements with customers, vendors and other business partners.
- Advise the functional units on contract interpretation and various business matters.
- Assist executive management with the resolution of disputes with customers, vendors and other business partners.
- Communicate and work with the Corporate Legal & Compliance Officer and outside counsel as needed to resolve legal issues, claims and filings.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Legal & Compliance Officer to develop policies, procedures and solutions for the functional units.
- Report regularly to executive management regarding how effectively legal objectives are being met.
- Manage various competing projects and deadlines in a fast–paced environment while ensuring legal obligations are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging contract trends and related laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Undertake all responsibilities with a superior commitment to ethical practices, integrity and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, as well as an excellent working and practical knowledge of commercial law across geographies.
- Ability to think creatively, negotiate and devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive legal and business issues to closure.
- Ability to read and understand complex legal documents and to interpret them for others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, problem solving, analytical skills and sound judgment.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as under pressure, in handling multiple competing tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively use MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position supervises one position within the Legal Department.
This job will operate in a professional office environment and will require the routine use of standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required will include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This job will also require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool, as necessary.
Education and Experience
- JD required, as well as an active license with the State Bar of California.
- A minimum of 7–10 years' experience in contract review, drafting, negotiation and interpretation, ideally in a corporate law department setting
- Corporate law background preferred, knowledge of intellectual property and/or data privacy laws a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Annual Salary: $118,605 to $178,674
Cryogenic Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visit Our Home Page
2023 Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries
Applicant Tracking System Powered by