Position at Skyservice Business Aviation
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITES:
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Director, Legal will participate in corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives, working closely with the Legal Team and Company Executives. The Director will provide enterprise–wide leadership and develop strong relationships throughout the company as well as with external stakeholder groups.
- Provide expert legal advice and support on all matters related to contracts and commercial arrangements within a federally regulated environment, and identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risk;
- Negotiating and reviewing contracts, drafting legal documents and contracts, and researching and executing a wide range of agreements for the Company and clients are key deliverables for the role;
- Manage legal and compliance functions to support the evolving needs of a fast–paced and rapidly expanding business; provide overall assistance and support to internal clients and management;
- Preparation, processing, negotiation support and closing of managed aircraft and facilities related agreements;
- Manage all insurance contracts and provide guidance with respect to claims and policy renewals;
- Lead and/or participate in national and international business transactions including negotiating critical contracts, regulatory compliance, employment law, litigation management and corporate, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements and other general business contracts;
- Participate in legal matters relating to potential global joint ventures, strategic partnerships, intellectual property and mergers and acquisitions;
- Manage, oversee and track all legal claims by or against the company; liaise with external counsel where required;
- Interact with regulatory bodies, assist with various government filings and government documentations;
- Manage and oversee contracts administration including two direct reports; provide leadership and coaching through performance management;
- Corporate/secretarial duties and other duties and/or special projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A Law degree with a minimum 8–10 years of demonstrated contract management experience coupled with b road legal knowledge;
- Ability to negotiate, draft and execute on agreements and contracts;
- Proactive with strong business acumen; ability to assess risk factors and develop solutions;
- Adaptability, creativity and flexibility to work effectively, ethically and with integrity;
- Highly organized with the ability to take initiative and work autonomously and under pressure with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines;
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; builds strong working relationships and works well within a team environment toward common goals;
- Knowledge of the aviation or service industry as well as bilingualism is considered an asset.
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.