Senior Attorney - Cryptocurrency/Blockchain
Based in Boston, this role will provide legal support to a range of Fidelity s crypto and blockchain products and services businesses, focusing on supporting Fidelity s crypto custody and trading business, crypto investments distribution opportunities, investments in crypto and blockchain firms, and the development of new products and services involving digital assets and blockchain technology. The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of financial services or technology law experience, preferably with crypto or blockchain experience, and should have or be willing to quickly familiarize oneself with an understanding of blockchain technology and crypto and DeFi markets. Because of the range of issues presented by products and services related to digital assets, experience in the following specialties will be beneficial: commodities, brokerage, derivatives, banking, consumer finance, commercial law, AML and intellectual property.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- J.D. required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Law firm experience required.
- Financial Services or Technology Law Experience.
- Experience with crypto or blockchain products or services a plus.
- Experience with technology startups and new business initiatives a plus.
- Exceptional judgment and range. You will need to excel at quickly analyzing complex legal and business issues in a variety of substantive areas.
- Highly organized, self–motivated and self–directed. You need to be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and lead projects in a dynamic environment.
- Must thrive in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to advise and influence senior executives and professionals from diverse businesses.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences.
The Value You Deliver
- Supporting a broad range of activity across Fidelity s crypto and blockchain products and services businesses, including developing new products and services, launching new business initiatives and investing and partnering with startups.
- Drafting and reviewing documents, including strategic partnerships and licensing agreements.
- Participating in cross–functional working teams.
- Forming working relationships with your business and legal colleagues.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well–being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non–profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity–we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID–19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling " Dynamic Working ."
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling , prompt 2, option 3.