Knight Management Insurance Services Corp Office
Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA
Los Angeles Full Time Exempt Executive Level Onsite
Pay Range: $150,000– $300,000 Per Year. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire and will be dependent on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, experience, education, credentials, and licensure when applicable.
Knight Insurance Group is seeking a General Counsel with legal experience, with a focus on both insurance related business/transactional work and defense litigation. This position presents an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate with experience in insurance, including both transactional and litigation matters, to take an active part in a diverse, fast–growing company. The applicant must possess exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to sift through complicated legal and business issues and then communicate the important aspects in a clear and concise manner at all levels within the organization.
What You'll do as a General Counsel:
- Provide primary legal support in helping Knight grow our distribution of property and casualty insurance products
- Must be comfortable working in a wide variety of legal disciplines, including marketing, employment, privacy, intellectual property, litigation, regulatory affairs, contracts, and corporate law
- Counsel product managers, marketers, compliance officers, risk analysts, etc. on everything from the addition of new products or features on the platform to digital marketing initiatives to new regulatory obligations
- Conduct internal and external investigations of complaints concerning violations of company policies, laws, and regulations
- Assess, manage, and resolve pre–litigation disputes and lawsuits filed in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Effectively manage legal documents and files responsive to time–sensitive inquiries
Qualifications & Knowledge
What we look for in our General Counsel:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws relevant to the operation of an insurance company
- Excellent problem–solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Group
- Comfortable operating in a fast–paced, rapidly evolving workplace
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, succeed under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple departments demands and shifting priorities
- Be a resourceful self–starter, hardworking, confident, and have a passion for results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required
Education & Experience
- Membership in California State Bar
- Juris Doctor from a nationally recognized accredited law school
- Minimum 15 years of a litigation and transactional work in the insurance industry
Machines, Office Equipment & Software
- Web navigation and/or web–based applications
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What do we offer?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program, plus company matching
- Wellness program
- Continuing education and certification programs
- Onsite gym
- Paid holidays
Knight Insurance Group is a provider of capital support and underwriting capability for niche property and casualty insurance programs. Our model consists of building partnerships with select General Agents and Program Administrators who distribute our admitted and non–admitted products through our carrier and reinsurance companies. Knight also operates a rent–a–captive solution and captive management services through our segregated portfolio company.
Knight has a proven track record with growth in equity from $1M in 1994 to $757M and asset growth from $1.6M to approximately $1.7B over the same period. Knight is part of the Hankey Group of Companies, a Los Angeles based financial services group consisted of seven operating companies with 3,100 employees world–wide and $12B in assets to date.