Fixed–Term Maternity Leave cover. (12 months), Full Time
GlobalData is a leading intelligence platform for the world's largest industries. We empower organizations and individuals to make better decisions with trusted intelligence that decodes the future of a dynamic world. Using the advantage of one platform, we combine the collective power of unique data, expert analysis and innovative solutions to provide trusted intelligence on a global scale.
We began our journey in 2016, by combining a diverse range of specialist information services companies, many with decades of trusted customer relationships and deep sector specialisms. Today, we believe in the power of connectivity and operate as a single company, with more than 3,500 colleagues worldwide, delivering value for over 5,000 customers globally. The combination of deep expertise within the industries we serve and innovative mindset, are unique and fundamental to ongoing success of our business.
Our ESG strategy is guided by our company values of courage, curiosity and collaboration which helps to drive our success to manage our position and portfolios effectively to strategically deliver our clients opportunities and support local communities both financially and through employee volunteering.
Headquartered in London, with offices across the UK, US, Dubai, India and Australia, GlobalData serves a worldwide customer base with progressive solutions of the highest quality.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Legal Officer to work with and support our Legal and Compliance team, helping in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (including, but not limited to, software–as–a–service agreements, non–disclosure agreements, master service agreements and consultancy agreements), assisting with intellectual property matters where appropriate and also data protection compliance. A successful candidate will initially review and negotiate on all new commercial contracts, liaising with relevant departments and legal teams prior to acceptance and signature. Such contracts will generally be based on GlobalData's standard terms and conditions but will also include third–party terms.
– Provision of support in the drafting /review / negotiation of commercial documents and agreements
– Record management: managing the execution of agreements.
– Research: ability to research ad hoc points of law and regulation, assimilate new requirements, advise on them and lead implementation of them
– Providing GDPR support and ensuring GDPR monitoring and compliance
– Monitoring regulatory changes, identifying gaps, supporting the legal team in devising and implementing required actions
– Drafting new policies and procedures
What We Look For
– Law degree or equivalent.
– Experience in commercial law.
– Experience and good working knowledge of commercial contracts.
– Experience in UK/EU Data Protection Laws and requirements. International elements will also need to be considered, but the candidate will be fully supported by the legal team.
– High attention to detail and good organisational skills
– Good document management skills
– Hard–working, self–motivated, enjoying diverse tasks and early responsibility.
– Adaptable, friendly, and good team–player
– Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills