Senior Corporate Counsel
Dialpad is the leading Ai–Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real–time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the Legal team
Dialpad's Legal team plays an essential role in assessing risk and protecting the company while advancing business goals. This team collaborates closely with our Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Success, and HR teams to improve the company's overall effectiveness and to manage the myriad legal matters that these teams face. We are an intentionally small, highly competent group of legal professionals focused on velocity, scalability, and rigor to support Dialpad's continued growth from startup to market leader.
Dialpad's Senior Corporate Counsel will work directly with the General Counsel to play a critical role in providing legal counsel and guidance to our organization on a wide range of legal matters, with a primary focus on corporate governance issues. In that regard, you will be directly involved in all legal work associated with a potential public offering. Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing legal matters outside your core responsibilities, related to real estate, human resources, patents, and litigation.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, you will:
- General Corporate Oversight: Handle corporate governance responsibilities, including but not limited to effectively managing Board and Committee meetings, preparing meeting minutes and consents, reviewing and revising charters, corporate governance policies and governing documents, and performing other tasks related to legal entity management
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions: Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of corporate agreements, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, licensing agreements, and commercial contracts
- Securities and IPO Preparation: Collaborate with internal teams and external advisors to prepare the company for a possible IPO, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and providing counsel on corporate governance matters
- Other Legal Areas:
- Real Estate Oversight: Oversee real estate transactions, including lease agreements, property acquisitions, and land development projects, while managing legal risks related to the company's real estate portfolio
- Human Resources and Employment Law Oversight: Provide legal oversight on employment–related legal matters, including but not limited to hiring practices, employee contracts, compensation, benefits, and compliance with labor laws and regulations
- Intellectual Property (IP) and Patent Oversight: Work closely with outside counsel to manage the company's patent portfolio, conduct patent analyses, and ensure IP protection strategies align with business objectives
- Litigation Oversight: Collaborate with outside counsel and internal stakeholders to oversee litigation matters, assess legal risks, and develop effective strategies for dispute resolution and litigation management
Legal skills you'll bring
- In–depth knowledge of U.S. securities regulations and corporate governance, as well as prior involvement in IPO preparation
- Ability to manage all legal aspects of company financing and M&A transactions,
- Ensuring compliance regarding business activities, disclosures, and reporting
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of agreements and corporate documents.
- Capability to oversee legal matters outside your core corporate responsibilities
- J.D. from an ABA–accredited law school
- License in good standing to practice law
- 6–9 years of relevant legal experience
- Strong analytical skills, able to assess complex issues and provide practical solutions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- High level of integrity and professionalism, with a commitment to confidentiality
- Adaptability and a collaborative attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fast–paced environment
This position reports to our General Counsel and has the opportunity to be based at Dialpad's HQ in San Ramon, CA or remotely in the United States.
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We've been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options, because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Benefits, time–off, and wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away–and it doesn't hurt that we offer flexible time off and great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. Along with that, employees also receive a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone bill, home internet bill, home office equipment, gym membership costs, a variety of wellness events, and more!
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
For exceptional talent based in California the target base salary range for this position is posted below. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target range for new hire salaries for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job–related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.California Salary Range $204,000 – $252,000 USD
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal–opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.