Associate Counsel, Generalist
Associate Corporate, Generalist
We are hiring a critical team member to join Edifecs' Legal team as an Associate Counsel, Generalist . You will play a vital role in Edifecs' growth. The ideal candidate will possess strong in–house experience in healthcare software trans a ctions .
In this short – term engagem ent between three (3) to six (6) months , y ou will execute on a variety of legal matters, including commercial contracts, vendor contracts, and general corporate matters . The successful candidate will be ready to navigate a growth–oriented, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. This person will be comfortable juggling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and must be a strong writer and communicator. A passion for personal accountability and setting high standards is essential for success.
What you will do:
- Provide legal advice, guidance, and support on a wide range of legal matters including contracts, compliance, intellectual property, and regulatory issues.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements and legal documents, including supporting Edifecs' vendor procurement.
- Strong experience drafting original legal provisions outside of form documents, which includes the ability to identify legal issues independently.
- Collaborate and partner with all Edifecs internal departments (e.g., HR, sales, services, marketing) at all levels throughout the organization to address legal issues, provide guidance, and resolve disputes, litigation, and claims.
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, business–oriented solutions.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to identify and mitigate potential legal risks and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
- Assist in conducting due diligence on third–party relationships to ensure compliance with legal standards.
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal stakeholders.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What you will bring :
- Required: JD Degree and active admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction and where you reside.
- 2–3 years relevant experience at a major law firm and/or in–house at a software company in a generalist role supporting legal affairs for a software organization.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and changing landscape of US Privacy laws is required.
- Understanding of the operations and legal affairs of a software company.
- Ability to translate complex legal concepts into timely, clear, concise, and business–focused legal advice for internal stakeholders.
- Commitment to customer service (yes, our internal stakeholders are also our customers) and meeting the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Self–starter and ability to manage change within a fast–paced organization.
- Excellent project management, organizational, analytical, and problem–solving skills.
- Excellent at multitasking and managing competing priorities with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgement, and demonstrate business acumen.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and online collaboration tools.
Edifecs is a premier technology company serving the U.S. healthcare market that empowers its customers to transform healthcare. For over 25 years, Edifecs has provided the market–leading interoperability platform. Edifecs payer and provider customers and technology partners are driving healthcare transformation with the ability to seamlessly exchange, unify, and normalize data to derive insights and intelligence and replace friction with collaboration across all stakeholders. Edifecs' platform is the foundation to help customers overcome healthcare's biggest challenges, including accelerating the adoption of value–based payment models, secure complete and accurate care funding for alternative payment models, and fully automating prior authorization. Edifecs offers natural language processing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to provide deeper insights into patients, populations, and business processes. As new standards and regulations continually emerge government agencies, Edifecs is a proven partner to ensure its customers maintain "evergreen" compliance. Edifecs customers cover 290 million lives and include 100% of national health plans, 70% of state Medicaid programs, and 94% of the lives covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield payers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact for more information.