Senior Counsel Legal Atlanta Hybrid
Location/City: Atlanta, GA
To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech–based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency.
At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta. We're experiencing exciting growth. We're looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 50 million people.
Overview of the Role:
ParkMobile is looking for a highly skilled commercial contracts attorney with expertise in data privacy, intellectual property, and consumer protection to provide comprehensive legal counsel and support. In this role, you will collaborate with our business teams, stakeholders, and portfolio companies, advising on various legal matters and contributing to our corporate strategy. This position will be based in the United States (ideally in Atlanta) and will report to our Atlanta–based General Counsel.
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate customer contracts, vendor agreements,licensing agreements, and bespoke strategic partnership agreements.
- Ensure contracts comply with relevant laws and regulations while protectingthe company's interests.
- Identify and mitigate legal risks related to data privacy, intellectual property,and consumer protection, both in the context of contracts and alsooperationally at the company.
- Assist with managing and safeguarding the company's intellectual propertyportfolio, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents, and advising onintellectual property issues related to product development, licensing, andinfringement claims.
- Provide advice to the business on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Assist in addressing consumer complaints and disputes.
- Offer legal counsel and guidance on data privacy issues as they arise, incollaboration with the Privacy Officer.
- Collaborate with cross–functional teams to assess and manage legal andbusiness risks effectively, providing counsel to various departments such asmarketing, sales, product development and people operations.
- Stay updated on changes in relevant laws and regulations affecting thecompany's operations.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements through training and guidance torelevant teams.
- Assist with designing, building, and improving legal department processes aswe continue to scale.
- Collaborate with and manage external counsel as necessary.
Who You Are:
- JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of one or more state bars (Georgia preferred).
- 6–9 years of legal experience in commercial contracts, data privacy,intellectual property, and consumer protection.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and international data privacy andconsumer protection laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Experience in managing intellectual property portfolios and handling IP–related matters.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to provide clear legal advice.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of simplifying complex legal conceptsinto actionable recommendations.
- Business acumen and the ability to align legal strategies with businessobjectives.
- Strong attention to detail and effective multitasking skills.
- Experience working at a law firm and as in–house counsel at technologycompanies.
We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. We're all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving. If this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you'll apply.
What you'll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members' well–being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events – happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves.
ParkMobile is an equal–opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department Legal Locations Atlanta Remote status Hybrid RemoteAbout ParkMobile US
At the start, we just wanted to make parking easier. Today, we're the leading provider of parking solutions in the U.S. and it's our mission to power smart mobility for every driver and vehicle, everywhere.Senior Counsel
Loading application formAlready working at ParkMobile US?
Let's recruit together and find your next colleague.