The successful applicant will help play a pivotal role in navigating the legal landscape of smart metering technology in the UK. Responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating contracts, advising on data privacy and regulatory compliance, and contributing legal expertise to drive innovation and sustainability in the dynamic field of smart energy solutions.
Our client is the driving force behind the UK's smart metering system, responsible for transforming the way energy is consumed and managed. As a central and vital player in the energy sector our client facilitates the efficient exchange of data between smart meters and energy suppliers, enabling advancements in technology, sustainability, and the effective management of energy consumption.
This is a multifaceted role that includes, but is not limited to providing legal guidance on technology contracts, regulatory compliance and intellectual property protection.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of technology–related contracts, including agreements with vendors, technology partners and service providers.
- Advising on and ensuring compliance with data protection laws and regulations.
- Staying abreast of legal developments in the technology and energy sectors and providing guidance on regulatory compliance.
- Managing and protecting intellectual property rights, such as patents, trademarks, and copyrights, associated with the organisations technology assets and innovations in the smart metering domain.
- Cross–functional collaboration
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks
The successful candidate will have an expertise in providing advice on a range of commercial and legal issues, typically involving technology, telecommunications and outsourcing (covering cloud, data, hosting, IT, infrastructure, information security, software, networks and professional services).
Essential skills and experience include:
- Detailed knowledge of English Law and 2+ years PQE
- Experience advising on a range of commercial and IT related contracts
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
This is a permanent position, based in London and offering a hybrid working pattern, along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Rosie Gage of Michael Page (London) for a confidential conversation.