Legal & Business Affairs Manager, Emerging Markets
Legal & Business Affairs Manager, Emerging Markets page is loaded Legal & Business Affairs Manager, Emerging Markets Apply remote type Hybrid locations GBR – 27 Wrights Lane – London time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R–021233 Legal & Business Affairs Manager, Emerging Markets
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game–changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The Emerging Markets (EM) region is a vibrant hub of growing and dynamic markets, each with their own diverse cultures and rich musical traditions. In this landscape, we are responsible for pushing forward the success of WMG's existing international roster, whilst also discovering, signing and breaking new local talent. The region also presents exciting opportunities for strategic investments and partnerships, driving forward the company's strategy and providing enhanced value to our artists.
You will be responsible for providing legal guidance, strategic advice, and business support in the development and growth of our business across South Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. You'll assist the VP of Legal & Business Affairs in all legal matters, contracts, negotiations, and business strategies across the region to align with our global company priorities.
Here you'll get to:
- Provide legal guidance and support across a wide range of areas, including contract negotiations, intellectual property, licensing, and compliance matters within the EM region.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including artist contracts, licensing agreements, distribution deals etc. ensuring they comply with local regulations and company policies.
- Support with M&A through both diligence and integration phases, ensuring a clean handover between the corporate and regional legal teams
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement business strategies to enter and expand in emerging markets.
- Partner with in–territory peers to share and maintain aherance to group policy and best practice
- Collaborate with cross–functional and cross–border teams to execute business initiatives and expansion plans
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including external local legal counsels.
- Qualified Solicitor of England and Wales or equivalent legal qualifications.
- Extensive experience (4+ PQE) in legal and business affairs within the music or entertainment industry
- Ability to switch tasks quickly, prioritize and operate effectively in a fast–moving often uncertain environment with novel legal issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and some international experience (whether personal or professional). An understanding that different countries and cultures operate in different ways and an open mindedness to such differences are essential
- Proven track record of successful negotiation, deal–making, and business development in diverse cultural and regulatory environments.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre–spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend–setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground–breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.Similar Jobs (1) Legal & Business Affairs Manager – 12 Month FTC remote type Hybrid locations GBR – 27 Wrights Lane – London time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and fellow employees at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.