Legal Counsel Corporate and Commercial - London / Hybrid
This is a wide ranging Legal Counsel role with Corporate and Commercial elements as part of an established Legal Team with an well–known infrastructure Co. The position is available across multiple location across London (office requirement 2 days per week).
Our Client is one of the biggest brands in the UK's Infrastructure Sector
Working as part of the corporate legal team you will deliver legal services and support by providing professional guidance, pragmatic advice and practical support on legal and compliance issues across the business. On more complex matters (and under the supervision of the Managing Counsel or Associate General Counsel as required) you will engage and manage agreed panel law firms to deal with specific legal issues as required, including the management of external budget. Responsibilities include:
Corporate & Commercial
- Provide commercially–minded and pragmatic legal advice in a timely and appropriate manner on a broad range of areas including M&A, banking, commercial contracts, competition and intellectual property.
- You will be responsible for complex and bespoke contract review (including ISDA and facility arrangements, JV arrangements and dispute management)
- Carry out contract reviews and advise and assist in the formation, negotiation and drafting of facility agreements, ISDA schedules, sale & purchase agreements, commercial agreements, joint venture agreements, professional services appointments, procurement/IT supplier agreements, purchase terms, licences and other key business documentation requiring legal support and input.
- Providing support to wider legal function, senior stakeholders and others across the UK business on business projects, provision of guarantees and other operational matters.
- Monitor developments which may impact the UK and support the development, delivery and continued implementation of UK legal and compliance policies, procedures and targets to mitigate risk and ensure legal and ethical compliance consistent with the organisation's policies and values.
Dispute Management & Resolution
- Provide legal support in relation to all forms of dispute management and resolution.
- In consultation with the Associate General Counsel engage and manage external law firms in relation to mediation or litigation
The successful candidate will be a UK or Common Law Qualified Lawyer with at least 2 and probably up to around 4 or 5 years of PQE.
You will be likely to be working or have practiced with the corporate team of a Chambers Ranked law firm.
It is thought the likely background of the successful applicant may well be someone with a background in M&A, Corporate Transactions or Corporate Finance.
Please note, there is a requirement for the successful candidate to be in one of the organisation's offices across London at least 2 days per week.
For further information about this exclusive instruction, please apply to this advert or, for a conversation in confidence, please contact David Taylor of Michael Page Legal (London).