Trademark paralegal with focus on US portfolio, including portfolio maintenance, watch notice and Official Gazette review, researching evidence of use, filing of trademark applications and renewals.
- Review of Official Gazette and watch notices
- Research third party rights
- Research and collect evidence of use of marks relating to trademark prosecution or maintenance with the US Trademark Office (e.g., statements of use, renewals) and/or to help with filings of Notices of Opposition
- Prepare and file trademark applications and renewals with the US Trademark Office and Secretary of State offices
- Assist with special projects, e.g., updating Customs database
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of trademark law as it relates to the role of paralegal
- Facility with standard office software, databases, and other project tracking software
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of in-house and external business groups, attorneys and staff
- An inquisitive nature and willingness to take initiative in suggesting or employing ideas for improving strategies or processes
- Location: NYC, in office
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $65,000 to $90,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
If you are interested in joining our team and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org