5 days left
- Contract Type
Koch Capabilities, a subsidiary of Koch Industries, is seeking a creative and motivated trademark paralegal with a passion for brands to join our integrated intellectual property legal capability as paralegal. This role supports the diverse, global businesses of the Koch companies in all aspects related to trademarks, copyrights and domains. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, the ability to work independently on complex projects with minimal direction and work collaboratively with colleagues across Koch Legal and through the businesses.
The candidate will support various Koch companies in various locations, requiring the ability to interact in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in understanding each of the supported Koch companies and the markets in which they operate, partnering with various stakeholders to provide value-driven services in line with commercial objectives.
Our Intellectual Property team is made up for attorneys and legal support roles that support the diverse, global businesses that make up Koch Industries.
What You Will Do
- Oversee and manage the administration of Koch’s global trademark portfolios, including conducting availability searches, preparing and filing assignments transferring ownership of trademarks, and obtaining evidence and assisting attorneys in trademark oppositions, cancellations, and litigations
- Oversee and manage the protection and maintenance of Koch’s copyrights, including review of products, websites, and software systems to make recommendations for copyright filings and preparing and filing copyright registrations
- Research enforcement matters and draft cease and desist letters
- Prepare and file documents with the USPTO and WIPO including new IP applications and registrations, office action responses, recordals, assignments, declarations, and related documents
- Communicate with outside counsel and Koch team members to ensure accurate tracking of all deadlines, generate portfolio reports, manage docket reports, and conduct docket meetings with Koch IP attorneys and business clients
- Compile information for portfolio reviews, , maintenance filings, and renewals; conduct trademark searches, evaluate results and formulate opinion
- Create new matters in team databases, upload correspondence; create, organize and maintain electronic files for IP matters, and oversee document destruction according to company record retention policy
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience running and analyzing trademark clearance searches
- Understanding of the terminology used within the Intellectual Property space, specifically regarding trademarks and copyrights.
- Experience preparing and filing documents with the USPTO including new trademark applications, office action responses, extensions of time, statements of use, recordals, assignments, declarations, and related documents
- Experience drafting trademark recitation of goods and services
- Experience with US and Foreign Trademark and Copyright office procedures, prosecution and maintenance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience with docketing and workflow systems (e.g., Memotech, First to File), document management systems, and e-billing systems (e.g., SimpleLegal)
- Experience optimizing work processes and initiating transformation across area of assigned responsibility
- Prior in-house IP paralegal experience
- Patent experience
- Experience administering global trademark portfolios
- Experience with AI tools, legal front door technologies or managing data/metrics
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
Koch Industries creates and innovates a wide spectrum of products and services that make life better. Our work spans a vast number of industries across the world, including engineered technology, refining, chemicals and polymers, pulp and paper, glass, electronics and many more. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Koch employs 120,000+ employees across the globe.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf