Senior Trademark Paralegal/Specialist
Senior Trademark Paralegal/Specialist
Hybrid Work- on average 3 days/week from our Mississauga office
AstraZeneca is shaping the future of healthcare by expanding our global presence and harnessing innovation to make an even greater impact on society and the planet. As part of this vision, we are thrilled to announce the establishment of a new Legal Operations Centre in Mississauga, Canada. This state-of-the-art hub will centralize our Legal operational functions, promoting collaboration, knowledge sharing, and the integration of cutting-edge technology. Situated in a region renowned for its healthcare focus and proximity to top-tier talent and research facilities, our new centre is set to become a cornerstone of AstraZeneca's 2030 Bold Ambition. Join us in this exciting new chapter as we build sustainable, digitally enabled workplaces designed to inspire and empower our teams to deliver life-changing medicines to the world.
Are you ready to provide strategic, sound, creative, and timely legal support concerning AstraZeneca’s Global trademark portfolio? This includes clearance, prosecution, maintenance, enforcement, transactional, and advisory work. Join us as a Senior Trademark Paralegal/Specialist and champion evolution in our dynamic and agile environment!
- Trademark Expertise: Lead projects assessing trademark availability, manage prosecution, and uphold US and international trademark applications and registrations.
- Enforcement and Defence: Tackle trademark enforcement and defence issues worldwide, ensuring robust protection of our brand.
- Strategic Communication: Liaise effectively with business clients and external counsel on complex trademark-related matters.
- Transactional Excellence: Engage in transactional work that includes licensing, divestments, and acquisitions, contributing to our strategic growth.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of domestic and foreign trademark work experience, for example as a paralegal, attorney, or agent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collegial, precise, performance-driven, professional, looking to expand knowledge and responsibilities over time.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Motivated and energetic about collaborating across the Global Trademarks Group, Legal Operations, the Legal Department and the business enterprise.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Knowledge and proficiency with trademark database and docketing programs
- Tech-savvy or has an interest in technology
- Open to innovation, new technologies, and new ways of working
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience
- In-house legal experience
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 10 years
- Top 100 Employers Award
- Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture
- Learn more about working with us in Canada
- View our YouTube channel
Recognizing the importance of individualized flexibility, our ways of working allow employees to balance personal and work commitments while ensuring we continue to create a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork by engaging face-to-face in our offices 3 days a week. Our head office is purposely designed with collaboration in mind, providing space where teams can come together to strategize, brainstorm and connect on key projects.
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination. AstraZeneca is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Such accommodation is available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process and may be requested by emailing AZCHumanResources@astrazeneca.com.